• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root making update.zip package

Muk343

Jul 29, 2012
I tried to make an update.zip kind of package just for checking how it works.
I browsed many forum and have a basic doubt ...in META INF ..deep down we have two files updater script and update binary. While we write edify codes in updater script, where does this updater binary comes from?

moreover i come across i command in script which i couldn't decipher to the fullest..

mount("ext4","EMMC","/dev/block/st112","/system");

I have some basic idea but i need full explanation of above line.

Thanks in advance

I tried to make an update.zip kind of package just for checking how it works.
I browsed many forum and have a basic doubt ...in META INF ..deep down we have two files updater script and update binary. While we write edify codes in updater script, where does this updater binary comes from?

moreover i come across i command in script which i couldn't decipher to the fullest..

mount("ext4","EMMC","/dev/block/st112","/system");

I have some basic idea but i need full explanation of above line.

Thanks in advance

The update-binary can come from anywhere as long as you take it from a working update.zip...the code that you are in doubt is actually to mount the system partition of the SGA in recovery...:)...for more info, refer here: [TUTORIAL] Making Flashable ZIPs, EDIFY Script, ZIP Signing & Key Creation [30.10.12]

Reactions: Muk343
Upvote 0
Hmm ..i tried a update but it failed saying Error:Status 6.
i did some research and found that it has some problems with syntax.So I wrote a very simple script next.But i also gave the same problem. Its so simple i can't find any problem.
Below is my package.
Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Update-new-signed.zip
    145.9 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: geno66 and ahmyani
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones