making your own live wallpaper?Support

Last Updated:

1. bagged00

bagged00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there a a way to make your own live wall paper? like basically have a video for a live wall paper? thanks

Advertisement
  2. TheAndroidWorks

TheAndroidWorks Well-Known Member

3. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

4. TheAndroidWorks

Afraid so... till someone writes an app that allows you to sort of create your own. If you read this resource article, you will understand why it is not a simple thing just yet. Surely in time as the phones and software both get more sophisticated taxing the processor/battery with poorly coded live wallpapers will be less of a concern as well.

Live Wallpapers | Android Developers

5. yourfriendwayned

yourfriendwayned Well-Known Member

Oh no you just opened up a 3d cube live wallpaper bomb in android market haha (anyone get that, any devs here?)

6. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

I'm so excited about Android and its future I've been thinking about learning how to write apps just for fun. I'm a Net Admin/Engineer by trade and only have done a few coding things in php, C++, HTML and Flash. Never have touched Java but it could be fun to learn.

7. TheAndroidWorks

It is worth learning for sure! Unfortunately, I think a lot of people underestimate the level of effort it takes to write an app that works versus one that works well... ie. has no memory leaks, saves state, pauses and gracefully handles phone calls, is 100% compatible with all hardware and versions, etc.