• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

** Malicious App ALERT! **

Sorry, but i really can figure out why anyone would put their banking info on their phone no matter how convenient it is, or how much they think they can trust the dev.

It's your _banking info_!!! what if you lose the phone?
I was wondering the same thing. Why do you need an app, when you can go to the web site just as easy.

I don't understand the need for apps that go to websites at all. Are people to lazy to just add a site to their favorites ???

Upvote 0
yea - everyone knows that there's always "that guy" or "that girl" you know that will just download whatever...doesn't care the dev's name...doesn't look at comments or ratings...just not interested in protecting themselves on a high-tech device like a smartphone. hopefully it is taken care of now - but it won't be the last time. it will definitely help if someone spots a bogus app - to post it here...there's plenty of people on this forum that are more tightly knit in the market than we are - if they read it - they can respond...hopefully.

Upvote 0
IMHO the trend of malicious apps will continue into the future. Hoping Google will step up to the plate and actively police its apps.

Maybe actively approving apps/certifying apps. I hear there is a verification/approval stamp already out there, don't know if its true.

Although it is a hotly debated topic, if there is money to be stolen, viruses tailored to Android seem like an inescapable spectre closely looming as well.

But there also seems to be some pretty good virus protection software getting developed out there. A search on virus protection is what first brought me to this forum, and there was a lot of great suggestions and I got my issue cleared up. It turned out not to be a virus but a bad virus protection app, of all things.

Irony.

Much thanks to this forum for the Mobile Defense security app suggestion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones