• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Malwarebytes is draining battery

paulw035

Feb 10, 2013
An app I was using called malwarebytes started to use 40% of my battery so I uninstalled it but it is still showing on Tue battery status as being the biggest drain. I've tried re installing and force stopping/clearing cache, then uninstalling. Restarted the device and done several battery pulls but it is still there draining my battery. The app is not on the device so how can it still be showing? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, that is really weird. I like Malwarebytes, but have never had this issue with it before.

You could try connecting your device to your PC and deleting the Malwarebytes folder in your phone storage.

Couldn't find a folder that way. However the problem has been fixed by itself or by two more battery pulls. Thanks for the advice again though.

Upvote 0
I have it on my n3 as well - had it on my razr maxx.

I wonder if the OP's issues was related to the database update - they released an app update not too long ago that mentioned fixing something in the database updating.

it will - if you let it - ping every hour for an update.

I currently have manual updates as opposed to over wifi only. and so I update it when I scan.

anyway - app works, or rather seems to work fairly well for me.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I have it on my n3 as well - had it on my razr maxx.

I wonder if the OP's issues was related to the database update - they released an app update not too long ago that mentioned fixing something in the database updating.

it will - if you let it - ping every hour for an update.

I currently have manual updates as opposed to over wifi only. and so I update it when I scan.

anyway - app works, or rather seems to work fairly well for me.

It was working fine for about a week then all of a sudden was consuming about 40% battery.
Might try reloadinging it to see if its still an issue.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones