• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mame4droid Reloaded & rom saga

miseryguts

Sep 26, 2011
OK I give up, I've been trying to get this working for over a week now.
I not asking for any roms, just some pointers from anyone that has managed to get it working.
I'm placing the zipped 0.146 roms in: ROMs/MAME4droid/roms.. that bit is all correct right?
The place I may be going wrong is with clrmamepro, but I've been very careful in following the guide, and I'm using (at least I think so MAME 146.dat?) the correct .dat file
Anyone got any ideas where I'm going wrong, I've followed a few tutorials & as far as I can see I'm doing everything right.

Thanks.

OK I give up, I've been trying to get this working for over a week now.
I not asking for any roms, just some pointers from anyone that has managed to get it working.
I'm placing the zipped 0.146 roms in: ROMs/MAME4droid/roms.. that bit is all correct right?
The place I may be going wrong is with clrmamepro, but I've been very careful in following the guide, and I'm using (at least I think so MAME 146.dat?)
Anyone got any ideas where I'm going wrong, I've followed a few tutorials & as far as I can see I'm doing everything right.

Thanks.

Hi miseryguts.

It's been a while since i installed and ran MAME on android, but if you can wait a bit i will install it again tomorrow and rebuild an android MAME rom set and feedback to you.

IIRC it's a complete PITA to get it running.

Upvote 0
Hi miseryguts.

It's been a while since i installed and ran MAME on android, but if you can wait a bit i will install it again tomorrow and rebuild an android MAME rom set and feedback to you.

IIRC it's a complete PITA to get it running.

That would be awesome & very much appreciated.
I don't know if it makes any difference but I don't have a full romset, just specific roms.. is one required to rebuild correctly?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones