man I hate google listenSupport

Last Updated:

1. bword

bword Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I came from a iphone and thier podcast app was ten fold better than anything Ive seen for a android to this date. Just a simple search in the app and it cant locate half the things I used to listen to on my iphone. I just tried to add this one Stuff They Don't Want You To Know and its (listen) claiming theres no audio files on this site. Maybe im using the wrong link, can someone give me some insight..

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

There are better podcast apps than Google Listen. Try BeyondPod.

3. wdsport

wdsport Active Member

I tried Listen too, couldn't get it to work right. I'm using DoggCatcher now for podcasts and like it so far (I think it was $2.99, I've had it a couple of weeks).

4. ADPowah

ADPowah Member

Until I applied the one click lag fix I did not like Listen's performance, while that is not your main issue with this application you may find it easy to navigate if it was moving a lot faster. Also as mentioned above i used BeyondPod for a while and its a nice rrs reader imo.

5. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

yeah i love beyondpod, even the free version is useful, i really didn't need any of the features of the pro version, but paid for it just to support development

6. razholio

razholio Well-Known Member

I went from podtrapper on the BB to google listen, and hated it. I went back to versatilemonkey.com (podtrapper dev) and he's got an alpha version for android. I don't have an android phone yet, but podtrapper (alpha or otherwise) will be on of the first apps I install. One note, podtrappers search functionality isn't great, but once you have your podcasts configured in it, the configuration options and feature set is dizzying. You can configure this thing to work *just* how you want it to.

7. bword

Let me ask you something guys, say you want to manually add a podcast feed to a app. Is the address supposed to end in XML?

8. bword

its not neccesarily a bad app..it just seems like everything I listen to might be itunes exclusive which would suck

9. wdsport

wdsport Active Member

Hey, great news that Podtrapper might be available to us soon. I'm a former bb-er and it's definitely my most-missed app.

Just saw it's available for sale in the Market, $7.99. I might have to make the switch from Doggcatcher. The one big feature I loved on Podtrapper (haven't found it on Doggcatcher, if it's there I'm overlooking it) is the ability to set the time it automatically updates/downloads podcasts, i.e. to set it to do that in the middle of the night.

10. ageros

ageros Active Member

There are a few podcasts I had on itunes I didn't see anywhere else. I use google reader as an rss aggregator so I have listen integrated in. What I did was open itunes and subscribe to the podcast. I can't remember the exact setting I think it was "view info" or something. One of the right click options will tell you the URL of the podcast. Then I copied that into greader, moved it to the listen folder and it shows up on my phone right away.

11. bword

So I found a app called "reader". Its very simple and all you need is the .xml address. I like it so far real basic but gets the job done.

12. bword

Just bought Doggcatcher..its def the best ive used so far. I didnt want to pay for a podcast app but I had no choice.