Man, Verizon isnt helpin today!General

Last Updated:

1. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On my 2nd Eris and ive called VZW three times to get a customer support rep who will help me without automatically going for the new refurbed Eris after i politely tell them i like the phone, but i just dont trust it and im sure it will break again.

Sorry just kind of frustrated a bit, has anyone had luck with getting a CS rep that offers another phone instead of an Eris?

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I would recommend talking to someone in person.

3. reinert012

I tried that yesterday, no luck. They didnt even want to give me and refurbed Eris.

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

calling on the phone always worked for me. seems as if the people in the store could are less about your problems.

5. reinert012

only thing they offered me was upgrading another line on the account (my sisters) to get another phone at sale price.

6. mattjphoto

mattjphoto Well-Known Member

Good luck trying to get a new phone. I have talked to a few people who have gotten one but it wasn't easy.

It could be worst. My contract is up in November but VZW says I can't upgrade until March and my new every 2 is in May. Please tell me how that happens b/c I can't figure it out and either can my friend who is a VZW manager. I tried to upgrade like 5x b/c I'm in the window up upgrade and VZW won't allow me. Come Nov I'm leaving them.

7. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I got a free brand new droid inc. had to take up a two year contract, but got to keep and sell old eris, got $150, 3 months ago this was.

8. reinert012

how did you get a free one and not have to pay the discount price?

9. Thornfullessrose

im sure a VZW rep offered it to him for free for having trouble for his eris. but he did extend his contract though. i didnt have to pay, extend my contract, or use someone elses upgrade. i guess for that you have to catch a really nice rep.

EDIT: OK ill tell you this. When i had problems with my Eris, i had to work much harder. i had to calll and call and call and call constantly til i got someone willing and generous enough to switch me to a different device. also everytime i called i explained all my problems and whined about how im constantly putting up with problems with this these Erises. eventually i got a guy who cared enough to switch me to a MotoDroid.

my 2nd time going through this type of thing with the droid wasnt as much of a hassle. on my very first call on that day the guy immediately skipped trouble shooting and went straight to pulling some strings to get me to a different device (the droid2)

so i would say keep calling until you get your way. eventually youll get someone caring because those generous reps who care are still in existence. you just have to hunt them down if they dont

10. reinert012

I know if i called and said "you can restart my contract, if i get a free phone" or something along those lines...nothing would happen. plus ive already called 4 times today

11. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

so you didnt have to change plans or anything did u get to keep ur old phone too?

12. Thornfullessrose

no, they make you do it like a original refub swap so i sent the OD back in the box the D2 came in. thats like the only thing though. it didnt bother me since my OD was having problems.

13. reinert012

just talked to an awesome CS rep and he bumped me up to a supervisor who told me since ive only had 1 replacement that there isnt much we can do, so they are sending me another Eris.

14. SplicedX

SplicedX Well-Known Member

it took five bad eris's for me to get to a different phone. one or two eris's in and they will probably just give you another one. in my case, 5 was the magic number. I politely asked to speak with a supervisor after the CSR offered to send a 6th eris. I said that would not be acceptable and asked to speak with the manager. he agreed and my new Droid X will be here on monday.
    Bottom line, document your issues and be POLITE! It does go a long way, and they are people too so please treat them with respect.

15. reinert012

Oh yes i have the most repsect for these people and i know they are doing there job, i was very polite with him.

We actually went to the same college had a nice little convo about that, he was super helpful.

But hopefully the Eris he's sending me breaks, so i can get a new phone! lol

Also, what happened to your other Eris's?