Manage Applications list not showing all apps immediatelySupport

Last Updated:

1. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed ever since upgrading to FroYo 2.2, when I go into Manage Applications to see a list of apps to install/uninstall/manage, I have 4 options, All/Downloaded/Installed/Running.

I usually leave it on All since that is most usable for me.

But I noticed whenever the list loads (either list, not just All) it doesn't show all of my apps right away. In fact, it doesn't even show a placeholder like com.whatever.app, and the two apps surrounding it (alphabetically) are right next to each other like there is no other app installed in that listing. I also tried the size sort and that didn't help either.

After about 30 more seconds the remaining apps finally show up and I can manage them.

Any ideas?? A bug?? Something else causing this??

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

It just takes time to load them all, chill.

3. IPvFletch

Yeah, well I remember in Eclair 2.1 it took FOREVER to load but then they showed up in their entirety.

Now with FroYo I guess it is just loading them prematurely, which is arguably an improvement over Eclair, but, it just really blew my mind when I loaded my installed app list only to find some of my apps were missing and thus I could not proceed uninstalling or resetting defaults, etc... I think you have to switch views to refresh it once it is fully loaded, as it doesn't just show up after those 30 seconds, at least not that I've seen.

ps. Thanks for the reply t0ast, are you any relation to toastcfh?! :D

4. IPvFletch

Of course as soon as I complain about this now I notice it is working a LOT better after a few dozen times. I wonder if it builds a cache and maintains the listing?