• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Managing Contacts on Device & Google

Guys Need your Assistance and Advice

How to I get my google contact to appear on my phone memory, like copying them over there, also when I add or edit a new contact it updates in the phone and google at one go, and vice versa.

Im on android version 4.1.2 on a galaxy note 2.

Thanks guys

Sorry to share the title, but there is one more query,

Other than the gmail account , I have three other email accounts, on the IOS they are displayed separately when email software is launched. The Email Application on the 4.1.2 consolidates all together, is there a way that I can set these accounts to show the inboxes separately for each account when launched.

Thanks guys

Upvote 0
This will solve part of your issues with the contacts. Open contacts then hit the settings button. Choose Import/Export then either export to USB storage, SD card or Export to SIM card if your device has one. In this way your contacts are stored on your phone and not in the cloud. I haven't tried adding a new contact to Google after this so I don't know if it automatically updates the exported list. I'll try it a little bit later and get back to you.

Upvote 0
Why bother with copying to SIM? Leave them on Google and display them like that. You don't need a connection for the phone to keep them. There's a copy on phone memory anyway. Just enable "show contacts from Google" and its fine.

As for the email, depends on what email app and what phone you use. Some email apps have a default setting going to combined inbox. You can change this in the settings so that it will show the email addresses separate.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones