Managing forwarded email (yahoo-gmail) I'm stumbling around in the dark with this emai

Last Updated:

1. niamh

niamh New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 9, 2010
    I'm stumbling around in the dark with this email malarkey and need some help please :(
    I set my yahoo account up to forward mail on to gmail (as per instructions on here), not realising that over 10,000 messages, photos, attachments etc over the last decade would all toodle over to my new shiny phone... well it took some hours of deleting and filtering to get down to 3,500 or so, and my phone is a lot slower since.

So I stupidly decided that as I only view my inbox when I go to the gmail icon on my phone, that I would archive all my stored emails, hoping they would then stay on the server not the phone. As you can probably tell I have no idea where or how emails live.. Anyway the upshot is that my phones memory is still tiny, but my emails are now out of reach and can only be retrieved by specific search (as far as I can see).

Any suggestions for getting me out of this pickle short of deleting my gmail account, which isn't really an option unfortunately.
    Much appreciated x