Managing Gmail with ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. FAF2010

FAF2010 Member This Topic's Starter

I have set up a Gmail account that I can access from my Droid Eris phone or a PC. After I have read them, I don't want to show all of my emails on my phone, but I don't necessarily want to permanently delete them so I can't see them I my PC. Is there a way to do this?

Advertisement
  2. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

I archive mine when I'm done. I can still get to them on my phone, but they don't show in my Inbox.

3. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

In your contact list, hit menu>view> check only contacts with phone numbers.

Jazzy79 likes this.
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Well, I suppose that you could use the Mail app rather than the Gmail app. Go into "settings" in your gmail account, turn on POP access in the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab, make sure you have option 2 set to keep mail in your inbox in Gmail, and then set up the Mail app to access your gmail account using POP, using the manual setup and using these settings:

Configuring other mail clients - Gmail Help

One drawback is that the message read status will not be synced to your gmail account. If you do need this, I agree with the previous poster that archiving (and perhaps starring the messages, to mark them as messages that you want to see later on your PC and make them easy to find in gmail) is the best option.

5. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Archiving your emails does not delete them, it just makes it so they are not visible in your Inbox. When you do a search in your Gmail, all Archived emails are also included in searches. I very rarely delete my emails.

6. FAF2010

FAF2010 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help.
    Looks like archiving will do the trick. I have also set up some additional folders (Labels) where I can store some of the emails and still access them from my PC.

7. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

That "Menu>view" trick, is that only on 2.1? I don't see it on my 1.5 options.