Managing music

Last Updated:

1. SFA_AOK

SFA_AOK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I copied my music directly across from my computer to the memory card via a card reader, before putting the memory card into the phone. There were already some music tracks on the phone (not sure if they were from T-Mobile or HTC) so I put them in the same directory.

My albums are organised into folders, and the cover art for each album is stored in the album's folder as "folder.jpg" (which is based on how my desktop media player works). However, the music player app on the phone doesn't pick up the cover art.

Oddly, it did pick up on one album - this wasn't stored as "folder.jpg" but "leftrightleftright.jpg" (leftrightleftright is the name of the album). Trying this on another album doesn't seem to have done anything, though I admit I haven't searched for a "rescan memory card" option. Digging around the card, I've found the cover art for the songs that came with the phone in a different folder with numbered names.

What's the easiest way of sorting this out? I'd like to avoid using HTC software on my desktop if possible because a. I don't use Windows much and b. I don't want yet another program to handle my music!

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. whitley40

whitley40 Member

I found the only way for the Hero to recognise album art is to right click on your chosen music in Windows Media player, select "advanced tag editor" and add your album art under the "picture" tab. You can select multiple tracks using the shift key.

Hope this helps.

If there are any easy ways to do this let me know!

....just read your last para again about not using Windows and not wanting to use another music program haha, guess that renders my answer a little bit useless to you!!

3. SFA_AOK

SFA_AOK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, actually your post is very useful! Gives me a few ideas about what to do. Hopefully I can put a script together something to update the tags to point towards the folder.jpg in each folder. I've used a couple of tools in the past to mass update mp3 tags, so should be able to get something to work!