• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Managing S7 Home Screen

ByeIOS

Nov 5, 2016
Get my excuse in quick, I've just got my first Android (Samsung Galaxy S7) so I'm still learning. Sorry about this basic issue! I had an i4 before this.

I'm trying to sort what appears on the home screen from the list of apps. I've managed to work out how to group similar apps into a folder in the list of apps and I want to have them showing on the home screen as well. I've tried clicking edit in the list of apps and then dragging them to show them on the home screen but it doesn't work as a method!

How do I get my favourite apps and groups of apps (in folders) to show on the home screen? I've worked out how to delete unwanted apps from the home screen but not how to add them!

Any help for this basic operation would be great. Also, apart from this forum for advice, are there any tutorials that you recommend?

A launcher controls the look of your home screen and app drawer. There are many in the play store. Do a search for launcher.... I use Nova launcher prime. You can also install different icon packs, change sizes, look and feel of the phone altogether. Check them out, you can always uninstall them if you don't like them, but to change icons you'll need to install a different launcher first

Reactions: ByeIOS
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones