Mandatory $10.00 a month more for EVO

Last Updated:

1. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The woman at the tech center told me Sat. that Sprint will make you PAY and extra $10. a month for the phone just for having the EVO with 4G, I said that we don't have the 4G here yet and she said it doesn't matter you will be charged it anyways.

anyone else hear this? This is BULLSH!T

Advertisement
  2. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

yeah, that's pretty stupid if that's the case. if you don't want the 4G service, you shouldn't have to pay for it. i wonder if the other carriers for LTE will follow suit. Making you pay 4G price even if you don't want it on the 4G phone.

3. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

yeah that definitely changed my mind on wanting the Evo, at least anytime soon. And its another $40 for the wifi hotspot feature.

4. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Paying for a service that you don't actually get?? Hmm, good one Sprint! Btw, if any of you get the EVO and don't live in a 4G area, I will sell you 4G service for $5 dollars a month. Of course you won't actually get the service since you don't live in a 4G area, but at least you will be paying half the price! PM me if you would like to sign up. See, I can sell you nothing at a cheaper rate than Sprint. By undercutting their price, I may just put them out of business. I have other services I can sell you as well. Again, just PM me.

5. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went in to have my wifes Moment updated to 2.1, my hero was easy, but I tried updating hers on an XP, and a Win 7 computer and it would not even see the USB with the new drivers.

I asked her to put me on the list for the evo and as she did I asked questions about it and thats when she told me that, I asked are you sure?? we don't have 4G here and why should we pay that, she went in agian telling me that I would have to. My wife and I looked at each other and I said a few choice words and said take my name off that list I wont pay extra for nothing.

6. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Well-Known Member

Won't be touching a 4g device until they roll it in more areas. It makes no sense for anyone to purchase a 4g device with no 4g service especially if you have to pay for it even if you don't have it. I'll stick to my Hero thank you.

7. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

from what I've read, you're not paying the 10 bucks extra for 4G, but you're paying for a complete removal of any data cap (i.e. actual unlimited data). Sprint calls it "premium data plan" or something like that

ferbs027 likes this.
  8. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Doesn't matter to me. Still gonna get it when my upgrade is available. I get a 25% employee discount from my job plus, $10 won't break my pocket per month either.

9. flairmedk

flairmedk Well-Known Member

Tatonka_Hero = Not bashing you,

but I have "unlimited data" (3g) so there should not be a data cap anyway. What if I am only getting 3g service? Maybe all the 4g'ers will be off setting the 3g service...I digress. I hear the mobile hotspot access will cost an addition $29.99. Any truth to this? JW, I'm in on any of those half price "Nothing for Something" plans :D

10. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

Even with all the problems I'm having with my Hero since 2.1 I still don't have any intention of switching to an EVO. Mostly bec of the extra $10/mo but also bec I just don't like the looks of the phone! It's square....my Hero is cute!

11. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Wrong forum, and if I may let you know there have been a few different threads on this in the EVO forums.

12. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

ya slightly old news LOL :D

this was made clear on May 12th... everyone here knows about it... 99% of us are moving forward... :)

13. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Sigh not being a dick here but can this thread be closed or merged with all the other 10.00 threads. It is like beating a dead horse. Please use the search to see if your problem exists

bernechad, cesjr02 and clambert1273 like this.
  14. sprucebeach

sprucebeach Well-Known Member

Hey, great post, jwpilly! Very clever!

15. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

He truly thought he was the first to find this news out.
    At first I was like:mad:
    then:eek:
    then:(
    then:confused:
    then:D:eek::rolleyes:
    that was all in the course of less than a second. I honestly have no idea what my sprint bill is, but I know its much less than 130 with 3 lines, so I don't care at all.

clambert1273 likes this.
  16. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

I laughed.

17. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

Welcome to 2 weeks ago, GTFO.

Eguy, Matt351, mrk and 2 others like this.
  18. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

sooooo over it lol

19. Scarlett920

Scarlett920 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's real old news! I had the same reaction but then I thought whatever I really want this phone. It's ten bucks a month I'd probably eat that anyway;). I also pay 130 a month for two lines on the family plan. It turns out to be 75 bucks a month for unlimited service. Much cheaper than Verizon or ATT.

Roman G. likes this.
  20. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I wonder if we could start a poll to see who wants these threads instantly closed when they appear.
    Do you think the mods would listen. I will also volunteer my PM box for all 10 rants and complaints.

I forgot to add that I have a sweet pink katana for sale for anyone that does not want to fork over the ten bucks. It also has the latest EVO mod flashed.
    check it:

Attached Files:

Mistiq, DFRESH, clambert1273 and 2 others like this.
  21. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

I heard Sprint is coming out with an Android device that looks like the HD2. Hope they don't charge $10 more a month for that....

sikclown and Levi like this.
  22. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

No, its basically the Incredible!

23. Jadien

Jadien Well-Known Member

Now that's just being mean.

24. lewi3069

lewi3069 Well-Known Member

ok the $10 a month sucks, but if that makes them get their 4g nationwide faster don't you think that would be worth it? I do.

25. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Maybe but it is funny