Manual 2.1 Update to 2.1 rooted?

Last Updated:

1. Escobedo785

Escobedo785 New Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 5, 2010
    I just got the 2.1 update and installed it manually but I am very unhappy with it after seeing everything that everyone else can do with a rooted Droid. I'd like to somehow be able to switch to a rooted version of 2.1 if it's possible. I know I've seen some forums out there explaining this matter but they are very confusing. I'm really new to all this stuff and I'd like some help with it please...:confused:

2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Jan 31, 2010
    That will give you a stock (non-rooted) 2.0.1 phone.

Then go here:
    If you follow the steps in this guide, you will get rooted, have a custom recovery installed, busybox, etc...

Then find a ROM that looks appealing to you and follow the instructions within the developer's post or thread.

I'm not going to lie to you...reading up on this stuff is the only method I recommend. You can download an app called DM Updater that will do it all fast and easy...but you won't learn anything along the way and you'll be asking for trouble IMHO. Learn as much as you can, read instructions thoroughly and if you don't understand something...ask. It's really is, but it takes some knowledge to NOT screw up your phone. The information is all there, but learning is on you. ;)