1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Manual: "This device can't be updated" the workaroundSupport

1. patriot482

patriot482 New Member

perhaps there is some 2,2 firmware for Ukraine?
  2. Ahmadinejad

Ahmadinejad Active Member

@patriont482: No FroYo for Ukrainian market yet. I hope that it will be available soon for your phone.

------------------------------

In the mean time a FroYo just came available for the WIN Italy I5500. It could be grabbed from THIS LINK. Main topic updated again.
    cmtcentre likes this.
  3. lokel

lokel Member

The product code is VMC
  4. DashBlacK

DashBlacK New Member

Hey I also have this Product Code, but unfortunately I have flashed a different firmware. I am on MAD Team, known as DashBlacK. I know how to backup firmware, please reply and let me know so that we can backup this firmware, as I need it tooo. Maybe if you could enter the IRC at webchat.freenode.net and channel #gti5500
  5. DashBlacK

DashBlacK New Member

I know how to backup firmware, please reply and let me know so that we can backup this firmware, as I need it tooo. Maybe if you could enter the IRC at webchat.freenode.net and channel #gti5500

btw, my email is DashBlacK@live.com
  6. Khal3d

Khal3d New Member

The code *2767*4387264636# giving me
    PCode: GT-I5503YKAEGY

My phone working on Android 2.1
    PDA: I5503JPJI1
    PHONE: I5503JXJG4
    CSC: I5503JPJI1

I need to update via KIES, Please help me!
  7. fmreina

fmreina New Member

@Ahmadinejad, I saw Abiram26 didn't reply about the info for you to look up whether Froyo is available in the Netherlands. I also have an I5500 with a VDP product code.. and am also very interested to update, here is the output:

PDA: I5500XWJH4
    Phone: I5500XWJG3
    CSC: I5500OXXJH1

Thanks for the info!
  8. Funz

Funz New Member

The code *2767*4387264636# giving me nothing "invalid operation. Code: 3001. Why?
  9. mpacrainman

mpacrainman New Member

Any advice for a Canadian (with product code VMC) wanting to upgrade to Froyo? Which firmware would be most appropriate, if we don't want to wait.
  10. dspisak

dspisak Member

Hello, all. I am new to smartphones, so I have some questions.

I purchased an unlocked Galaxy 5 from Fry's Electronics in Concord, California. It came with 2.1-update1. Last weekend I updated the frimware from the Samsung/uk site (because I discovered that the phone is a UK/Germany phone) via Kies 2.02 to 2.2, build FROYO.XWJPJ. I could almost swear that before the update I had 3G connectivity. After the update the best I have is EDGE. I want to return to 2.1-update1 to check reception.

When I run the above access code I see GT-I5500CWADBT. I don't see this version on your list. Other info:
    PDA = I5500XWJPJ
    Phone = I5500XWJP3
    CSC = I5500OXXJP4
    Baseband = I5500XWJP3.

What is the correct UK firmware to select?

Thank you for your help.

Dan
    cmtcentre likes this.
  11. Ahmadinejad

Ahmadinejad Active Member

It looks like you've purchased a German product code device from the US which was pre-flashed with US firmware by the seller before you got it. After upgrading it with KIES it got back to its original baseband, which is an European version and thus incompatible with the US mobile 3G network. So if you would like to get it back to its original state when it was purchased - get back in touch with the dealer you got it from. If you would like to fix it yourself you will have to read a bit on how to flash your device with ODIN and go to samfirmware.com do download US version of firmware for your phone from there. Otherwise your phone will not be able to use North American 3G networks. Hope that this helps. P.S. No matter I5500CWADBT or I5500YKADBT product code, its still the same phone with different panel color, but as I told, its original baseband is of no use in the US :)
  12. dspisak

dspisak Member

Ahmadinejad, thank you for your response. Last night I went to the samfirmware site and tried several US versions of 2.2 and 2.2.1. None of them were able to let me connect to 3G. I also tried the latest US version of 2.1. However, all it did was continuous restarts of the phone. Note that Odin loaded 4 files for 2.1 and loaded five files for 2.2 and 2.2.1.

I then loaded UK 2.1, five files, and while all phone features were accessible I was not able to access 3G. Sorry, but I do not have the I5500xxxxx numbers with me for reference.

I think the CDMA/UTMS 850 frequency is not implimented in the I5500 hardware. My carrier is AT&T and they require CDMA/UTMS 850/1900 for 3G. Neither of these frequencies are available in the I5500, only 900/2100.

If anyone knows how to activate the 850 frequency in the I500 please let me know.

Dan
  13. lucky4814

lucky4814 New Member

I am from India and i have the official ddjg3/ddjg4 firmwares but both of them give the same error "this device cannot be updated"
  14. Graham_Thomas

Graham_Thomas New Member

Hi there, firmware reads:

PDA: JED/PHONE: JED/CDC: JF1 (H3G)

Code - GT-I5500YKAH3G

I cannot get KIES to update to even 2.2 - do I need to flash back to standard UK and then update to 2.2 or even 2.3 Gingerbread.

Thanks
  15. miotch

miotch New Member

Hey,

Quick question that has me a little confused and said I'd ask here to double check.
    I have a Galaxy 5 (Europa) i5500, pretty much new with no alterations made to firmware etc. but I was planning on updating to 2.2 froyo because Kies isn't letting me.

I was following your guide above and came to the section where you got your product code. I did that but the result was a little odd. My product code came out as GT-i9000YKAEIR. Correct me if I'm wrong but should the code not be GT-i5500?
    Looked online and it seems GT-i9000 is the Galaxy S and not Galaxy 5.

Next question is if the product code is referring to the firmware installed or the phone itself. As in, will installing the i5500 firmware ROMs above fix this or do I need to send it back to samsung to sort out?

EDIT:
    I looked up info on product codes and found info on changing the code using *#272* IMEI_NUMBER #, but the setting that comes up and doesn't let me change is MET. MET is also for Ireland but all the firmware installed to date is EIR...

I'll be honest in that I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting myself into here but any guidance would be great :)

Should I change my product code using the above method?
    Should I just install firmware following the instructions of the original post and hope for the best?
  16. miotch

miotch New Member

Don't know how to delete the double post, sorry admins!
  17. sicka01

sicka01 New Member

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...rk-frequency-your-samsung-i9000-galaxy-s.html
  18. dspisak

dspisak Member

Thanks for the tip, sicka01. I tried that method but it did not work. When I go to the WCDMA screen it lists the various bands but does not show the (FDD xxx) part on a given band. So, I must conclude that the I5500 hardware does not include the WCDMA 850 and 1900 bands. That is not the end of the world. The phone and GPS features work just fine. The AT&T "E" network is relatively slow (100 kbps +/-), but I do not have a great need to download data. Also, I can use the Wi-Fi data connection, if available.

My colleague's Captivate does have all of the bands. It connects to AT&T's "H" network. But, that phone is 3x the cost of the I5500.

Regards,

Dan
  19. Filip Roncevic

Filip Roncevic New Member

I've bought the phone in germany, but I live in croatia, wich one should I use?
  20. brainstain

brainstain New Member

Hi Ahmadinejad

I have the same situation as Khal3d here , but here is what I found
    there is 2 Arabic firmwares at samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-i5500.htm

I5503JPJI1 Version 2.1 2010 September
    I5503JPJPA Version 2.2 2011 June

as you can see the I5503JPJI1 is our current stock firmware, my question is
    1. if I flash my device with the I5503JPJPA , it'll be exactly like the official kies update?
    2. if I5503JPJI1 is already our official firmware, why can't kies update the device , instead it shows "This device can't be updated" , where is the mismatch that caused the error ?

Thanks

21. iMAGIO

iMAGIO New Member

Hi there, I have the same concerns... we have the same firmware versions

SAMSUNG GT-I5503 PDA: I5503JPJI1
    Phone: I5503JXJG4
    PCcode:GT-I5503YKAXTC

Help!
  22. Axeluzz

Axeluzz Member

Can you link me the swedish firmware for galaxy ace?

GT-S5830OKASER
  23. Axeluzz

Axeluzz Member

someone please help!
  24. Axeluzz

Axeluzz Member

why does no one answer, this forum is reard slow...