• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manually beginning 2.2 update?

Nategl

Lurker
Oct 26, 2010
Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can force my Fascinate to update to 2.2? This morning when I checked my phone, I had a friendly message asking if I wanted to update to 2.2. When I clicked "OK," the screen disappeared and . . . nothing happened.

Now, when I click "Check New" under system updates, it tells me "No New Software Update Available," yet I'm still running "2.1-update 1" under "Firmware version."

Thoughts? Advice?

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can force my Fascinate to update to 2.2? This morning when I checked my phone, I had a friendly message asking if I wanted to update to 2.2. When I clicked "OK," the screen disappeared and . . . nothing happened.

Now, when I click "Check New" under system updates, it tells me "No New Software Update Available," yet I'm still running "2.1-update 1" under "Firmware version."

Thoughts? Advice?

you can't force something that isnt there :eek:

the 2.2 update is not in verizons system to ota yet (and we dont know for sure when/if it will be)

if you are talking about the telus fascinate...you are in the wrong forum

Upvote 0
Definitely talking about the Samsung Fascinate.

If the ota hasn't rolled out, what might be the origin of the software update screen that I received this morning?

Also, to what update are all these contributors referring (http://androidforums.com/samsung-fascinate/256475-i-just-got-update-5.html) if not the froyo update?

well both are the samsung fascinate....one is the cdma verizon fascinate....the other is the gsm telus fascinate

that thread is referring the the ota dl09 update which is not 2.2...but a 2nd mr 2.1 update to address gps and signal reporting issues....of course its a horribly broken update that shouldnt have passed testing...but thats another story

Reactions: Nategl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones