Manually boot into Koush Recovery Droid X

Last Updated:

1. Pucuck

Pucuck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I semi-bricked my phone. I installed Rubix Rom through Rom Manager and it installed over top of FlyX. It starts up like normal (just doesn't go to the Koush Recovery screen on startup). When I unlock the phone, there is just the status bar and everything else is completely black. I can connect usb and change how it connects.

Is there a way to get into the Koush Recovery manually at startup somehow? I just want to flash back my backup. I'm at work and I'm using OSX so I can't exactly do the SBF (unless someone knows a way without having to set up a virtual machine).

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Pucuck

Nevermind, through researching on google, there isn't a way to boot into koush recovery. Guess I'll wait til I get home.

3. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I had something similar happen before and after pressing the hard keys a bunch of times I had a window pop-up where I was able to select the launcher as default and things started working. It may be worth a try.

Pucuck likes this.
  4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Yeah, sounds like your launcher is just hosed. You can probably throw it into car dock or home dock by putting a magnet on the back, launch the market, and install launcher pro or ADW.

5. Pucuck

I setup the Android SDK setup on my computer at work but I'm not able to put my phone into debug mode. I have a launcher pro.apk ready to send to it, but I can't get it to see my device.

6. Pucuck

I got the car dock to load with a magnet but I'm unsure as how to get market running. How would I go about doing this? I don't have the option to add apps. At least, I don't see it.

7. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

On the "add app" button, add the market. Then you can launch the market with that button.

Pucuck likes this.
  8. Pucuck

I got it working. I was able to go in and enable debug mode. Now it's back up and working. Thanks!

9. tmushy

tmushy Well-Known Member

There is a way to boot into it
    I have discovered the method

let your battery completely die. Then charge your phone.

Turn your phone back on normally and it will boot into it.

10. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

You're right, I completely forgot about that, I actually had it happen over the weekend.

11. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member

I made the mistake in the beginning of hitting default home instead of adw and got the black scree. I solved it by turning off the phone, then help down power/home buttons. when the triangle popped up I hit search button to boot into recovery, then did a factory reset...problem solved.