Manually entering contacts?

Last Updated:

1. Cbrown

Cbrown Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 29, 2010
    New to the forums. I have not been able to find the answer to this searching the web so i thought i'd come here.

Just got a new droid in the mail and i'm trying to manually punch in my contacts. It says they are saving but I am unable to locate the entry when i go to contacts. Would the contact be saved to a separate account?

Appreciate any help that comes my way

2. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I have this issues sometimes. I know it's adding your contacts to your Gmail contacts, not your phone contacts. I know when it does this, if I add it again in the phone contacts with with just the name and no actual contact info, it pulls the actual contact info from Gmail and it mysteriously appears in my phone contacts after that. It's definitely weird. Try going to "accounts and sync" in the settings, manage your Gmail account, and turn off "sync contacts". I think that fixed this issue for me. But your contacts won't be backed up on Google after that. But I guess you can turn it back on after you get all your contacts in.

There's gotta be a better solution though, that's just what I've done. Anyone else seen this?