Manually forcing facebook syncSupport

Last Updated:

1. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to force the sync for facebook contacts? In accounts, the only thing there is the user/password. I can't find anyway to manually force the sync. Is there also a way to clear out the cache, just in case the phone thinks it downloaded the info, but for whatever reason wants to hide it.

I have an issue with my wife's phone. Not all contacts being downloaded from facebook. Most come in fine, but some don't.

Worked fine before I did a factory reset on her phone, now a handfull of her 2000+ "friends" won't download.

Advertisement
  2. seang211

seang211 New Member

There is a way to force a refresh for facebook contacts however I am also missing 3 of my contacts and cannot get them to download. Try going into people then online networks, hit facebook, hit menu and refresh. See if you can get the rest of yours to download this way. It is annoying not to get all of them.

3. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't everyone rush in here to help. :rolleyes:

I seemed to fix the sync issues by removing the facebook app, removing the facebook account under contacts and rebooting the phone. Then I added the phone contact list again, all contacts sync'd, then re-downloaded the facebook app and all seems right with the world.