Manually Installing Gingerbread 2.3.3 Official Firmware

1. aureliusm

aureliusm New Member

I've just installed the latest official Gingerbread 2.3.3 (V20E) on my daughters P500

I've downloaded the 'Open European' firmware from here:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/ANEUBK/V20e_00/V20E_00.kdz

And used a KDZ Firmware Updater
    Download it from here:
    KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip

I followed a procedure similar to this:
    How to downgrade your firmware (Lg Optimus one p500) Lg Optimus One P500

For me it worked without a hitch. It was an unbranded phone before upgrade.

P.S. The AVG seems to give a false positive on KDZ Firmware Updater - but can't confirm that 100%

Advertisement
    ankurchitkara likes this.
  2. abhi29

abhi29 Member

Hey thanks for this, but will this work here in India??
  3. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member

It will work anywhere in the world.
  4. abhi29

abhi29 Member

kool thanks for this :)
  5. abhi29

abhi29 Member

ANd do we have to root before doing this, am new to this plz help me out
    This is European firm so can i change language to English(India)
  6. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member

Yes, we have to root to change the firmware. Yes, you should be able to change the language.
  7. Thales

Thales New Member

I want to say MANY THANKS! This was sweet and easy and worked like a charm! Much better than LG's own updater! Wouldn't believe that it would be so easy!

Just to add that the update was a non-destructive one, i.e. after the phone rebooted all apps and data were there as before. Perfect!
  8. varungnath

varungnath Well-Known Member

Downloaded it. Thanks for the post! Did anyone have a bad experience with battery drain?
  9. varungnath

Not anymore....! 12 Hrs 17 mins on battery, still 69% left ;)
  10. xtrawest

xtrawest New Member

Worked like a charm on my LG Optimus T (T-Mobile-USA)
  11. Wingy

Wingy Member

Btw...can someone please check for me the language input options for the open European rom? I really want to upgrade... but don't want to lose my chinese language input :(

please help...

Thanks
  12. Wingy

Wingy Member

If possible could you please check whether you can input chinese and change the language option to chinese? thanks

another thing... did you guys had to downgrade the software before flashing it?
  13. laby

laby Active Member

Question, will it work also here in the Philippines? I've been looking for this upgrades of LG P500, but it seems it doesn't work for my mobile. I once used the z4root..but it failed..My current version is Froyo 2.2.2 any tips on how to upgrade to gingy? thanks
  14. varungnath

To root your phone, use Gingerbreak. Might solve the rooting issue

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

Regarding the GB updates, you could just follow the steps mentioned in the (Manually Installing Gingerbread 2.3.3 Official Firmware) post. And regarding the language part, im not pretty sure! But i guess there should be support :)
  15. al33m

al33m New Member

worked great but unable to root my P500 after the update..tried using gingerbreak and z4root but failed..is there any other way to root it??
  16. varungnath

Had the same problem. Rooting didn't work after the update. Since KDZ was used, what we have in the system is a different version/firmware of android. So to root it again, a reflash (to original) needs to be done. (Source of information @DaSchmarotzer). And use gingerbreak after that.

Any reason why you want to root it now?
  17. kev0055

kev0055 Active Member

Updated mine to Gingerbread. Smoother scrolling & user interface..hopefully better battery life. Does not break my apps or configurations. Well done.
  18. laby

laby Active Member

Downloaded the needed files..hope to switch gingerbread with no harm on my phone.. :))
  19. sourav8051

sourav8051 New Member

I have just installed gingerbread v20_E on my optimus but now I cant root it using gingerbreak app anymore its stuck.before when using froyo I have rooted wid gingerbreak easily
    now what happened!!!!!!???
  20. varungnath

please read my previous post in this thread.
  21. donspy

donspy New Member

Just manually updated from Froyo 2.2.2 to Gingerbread 2.3.3 using KDZ. I'm having problem rooting the phone so I can make DSPManager working as it requires rooting access. I've used Gingerbreak 1.20 but it keeps running and nothing happens.
    Any advices or steps to follow? Cheers :)
  22. donspy

donspy New Member

23. laby

laby Active Member

can't make it to install gingy 2.3.. i don't know what i've done wrong.. :(
  24. pocaracas

pocaracas New Member

I followed the instructions you gave there...
    And now, my beautiful LG P500 is dead! Thank you very much! :( :( :( :( :( :(
    The difference seem to be that my version of the firmware was not unbranded.
    I've been everywhere trying to fix it, but it just doesn't respond to anything.
    I connect it to the power supply and nothing. Press the power button, nothing! I'm sad. very sad. :(
  25. armstrong87

armstrong87 Member

i have a none rooted >> LG Optimus M with MetroPCS << running 2.2.2 Froyo and i want to update to 2.3.3 Gingerbread. i keep getting error every time i try your guide and tools.

is there any way i can get that Update to work?

please and thank you. :)