• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manually Installing Gingerbread 2.3.3 Official Firmware

Worked like a charm on my LG Optimus T (T-Mobile-USA)

i have a none rooted >> LG Optimus M with MetroPCS << running 2.2.2 Froyo and i want to update to 2.3.3 Gingerbread. i'm also running on windows 7
could that be in issue. windows vista forced close every time so no luck.

is there any way i can get that Update to work?

please and thank you. :)

Upvote 0
i have a none rooted >> LG Optimus M with MetroPCS << running 2.2.2 Froyo and i want to update to 2.3.3 Gingerbread. i'm also running on windows 7
could that be in issue. windows vista forced close every time so no luck.

is there any way i can get that Update to work?

please and thank you. :)

I use a windows 7 and i was successful with using KDZ. Could you specify the exact errors?

Upvote 0
I've used Gingerbreak 1.20 but it keeps running and nothing happens. z4root doesn't work for me. remember i'm running froyo 2.2.2 no luck. so im goint to do some more research before downgrade to 2.2

Upgrade Error
WParam: 100
LParam: 502

I use a windows 7 and i was successful with using KDZ. Could you specify the exact errors?

I've used Gingerbreak 1.20 but it keeps running and nothing happens. z4root doesn't work for me. remember i'm running froyo 2.2.2 no luck. so im going to do some more research before downgrade to 2.2

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::eek:

Upgrade Error
WParam: 100
LParam: 502

Upvote 0
Hi everybody, my phone is LG-P500h, I downloaded the LG-P500-V20b(India), then use KDZ Firmware Updater update the new ROM. the update process is successed, after updated, I switch on the phone, it shows "ANDROID" on the screen, then stopped at there. even I put out the battery and put on and start again, same thing. Then I use KDZ Firmware Updater flash the original 2.2.1 ROM, still I cannot start my phone. Can anyone give me any suggestion? thanks

Upvote 0
I've just installed the latest official Gingerbread 2.3.3 (V20E) on my daughters P500

I've downloaded the 'Open European' firmware from here:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/ANEUBK/V20e_00/V20E_00.kdz

And used a KDZ Firmware Updater
Download it from here:
KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip

I followed a procedure similar to this:
How to downgrade your firmware (Lg Optimus one p500) Lg Optimus One P500

For me it worked without a hitch. It was an unbranded phone before upgrade.

P.S. The AVG seems to give a false positive on KDZ Firmware Updater - but can't confirm that 100%

when i click the Version 20E i get this

Forbidden

Your client is not allowed to access the requested object.

any other links please

Upvote 0
A warning to anyone tempted to do this. Like the original poster, I also have an LG Optimus T. I am technically savvy (15 years IT experience) and I followed the directions to the letter, but the end result is a bricked, unrecoverable phone. Had I known the risks involved, I would have been perfectly content with Froyo and waited for the official upgrade to arrive.

Here is how mine failed: during the kdz update process, while the phone was on the "Emergency Mode" screen, the kdz updater program threw an exception and crashed. This caused the phone to be permanently locked in emergency mode. The buttons are unresponsive and the only way to turn it off is to remove the battery. With the battery in, it immediately goes to the emergency screen. No combination of button presses (eg, hard reset) does anything. The computer will still see the devices but only if I remove the battery and start the phone up by inserting the USB cable.

I have tried every method for recovery I could find including the following. In each case, I tried it with the modem device listed in device manager both disabled and enabled, as instructed in other recovery threads I found.

• Flashing the original .kdz ROM in emergency and cs_emergency modes. When I did, it failed with an exception 4008.
  • Flashing the original .dz ROM with all of the tools I could find. LGMDP and LGDP2 could see the phone's COM port but beyond that, they could not communicate with the phone in any way. I couldn't even retrieve the IMEI number.
  • Updating the phone with the LG update software. It actually detects that the phone needs an update and starts to do one but it fails at the point where it tries to communicate with the phone.
Based on other posts I found for the same problem, I believe the phone is completely unrecoverable. I spent over six hours trying to solve the problem and I'm kicking myself for even trying this. I have put in a repair claim with LG and I'm waiting for instructions on how to proceed.

I would not recommend you try this unless you are not worried about destroying your phone. I imagine most installs go without a hitch but if the buggy kdz updater software crashes like it did for me, your phone will likely be bricked permanently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones