Manually rotate screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. cipher6

cipher6 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to turn auto rotate off, but still manually rotate the screen with a button or something? The auto thing annoys me, but when I view media sometimes I like to have it in landscape.

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Some roms have the ability to turn rotating to manual or automatic.
  3. Kiser360

Kiser360 New Member

I searched the whole web for a solution to my problem which just like this thread. I wanted to be able to cycle between landscape and portrait at the press of a button. Unfortunately I found no tutorials to do so, therefore I had to develop my own method and I wanna share it with the community.

*This doesn't require root permision! : )

This method isnt free :( but afterwards you can rotate the screen by double tapping the home button.

1: Invest ($1.49) in an app by Coin Soft called "Orientation Control"
    1.a After installing open the app to change some settings. Set the switch style to "Cycle". Then select Cycle Settings>Disabled Switch>Auto Rotate.​

2: Now download a free app by Hideki Kato called "Home2 Shortcut" and open after installing.

3: Now you need to set up "Home2". For step 1 of the Home2 set-up, select "choose Application>Installed Applications" and set it to "Orientation Switch"

4: Scroll down to step 3 of the Home2 set-up, and select "choose home application" and set it to whatever your preferred launcher is.

5: Finally read step 4 of the Home2 set-up, and do just as is says.

Now you can double tap the home button at anytime and rotate the screen. Hope someone finds this useful ; )

"Home2 Shortcut":
    "Orientation Control":