Manually Sync Contacts to Facebook?

Last Updated:

1. iawd1

iawd1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to manuallt do this?

Advertisement
  2. matthenry87

matthenry87 Well-Known Member

You can add a "live Folder" to your one of your home screens by long-pressing where you'd like it, selecting folders, and select "Facebook Phonebook". This folder contains all of your Facebook contacts -if- they have their phone numbers listed on Facebook.

Then you can download a syncing app from the Market to have all of tyour contact's pictures changed to their current ones. This works great if you have their names correctly typed into your phone. If not, you can manually point facebook contacts to phone contacts with incorrect names. I reccomend the app "SyncMyPix" for this.

3. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

do you mean just get individual contacts?

if so - then you open the facebook app on the phone and go to the friends tab. press and hold on a friends pic and the chooser comes up. Select the contact one and it will download to your contacts.

4. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

Curious- why would you bother with a 3rd party app to do this when it's built into the OS in 2.x?

5. admorris

admorris Well-Known Member

Man, either I'm doing something completely wrong or what you mentioned here is just not correct. I did exactly as you said and there is no "chooser" that comes up after holding down the pic. Is there a step in there that you skipped?

6. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

Yeah all I get when I do that is the option to call or text or write a message on that user's wall, like what happens in the messaging app. On a side note, when the hell is this facebook app ever going to get updated?