Manually update PRL?

Last Updated: 2010-07-29 02:05:46
  1. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a way to manually update your phone's PRL (not *228)? My PRL was updated and now I am not getting 3G where I live.

I tried ##PROGRAM, but there was no place to change the PRL.
    Dialing ##778# does not work either for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. nevergonnauseth

nevergonnauseth Well-Known Member

Why not *228?
  3. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

*228 is how I lost my 3G and Verizon can't seem to help me get my old PRL back or get 3G working for me again.
  4. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Go to settings > about phone > status. What is your PRL Version? I don't think you can "lose" it, it will just upgrade it if there is an updated list.
  5. ENIGMAFIED

ENIGMAFIED New Member

I know something similar happened to me with my Incredible, Verizon was of very little help. I talked directly with HTC, and asked them if a PRL update could cause menu's to change on my phone, symbols to change, and for my reception to suck. They said yep.

For me, the stock PRL that was loaded onto the phone was the one that worked well. HTC told me if I do a hardware reset, I will have that PRL back. Did that, got my old PRL back, and used a program called QPST to save that PRL to my comp, and to my Incredible. On the incredible, you can switch PRL's on the phone. On the Moto Droid, it is quite a bit harder to do that.

This is the forum for you if you want to do that:
    service programming on the moto droid

I would definitely recommend calling Motorola though for their take on the situation. I am changing the PRL on my nephews droid right now, and let me tell you it is a decent amount of work so far! lol

Hope it helps :)
  6. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

*22899 will update your prl