• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manually update PRL?

I know something similar happened to me with my Incredible, Verizon was of very little help. I talked directly with HTC, and asked them if a PRL update could cause menu's to change on my phone, symbols to change, and for my reception to suck. They said yep.

For me, the stock PRL that was loaded onto the phone was the one that worked well. HTC told me if I do a hardware reset, I will have that PRL back. Did that, got my old PRL back, and used a program called QPST to save that PRL to my comp, and to my Incredible. On the incredible, you can switch PRL's on the phone. On the Moto Droid, it is quite a bit harder to do that.

This is the forum for you if you want to do that:
service programming on the moto droid

I would definitely recommend calling Motorola though for their take on the situation. I am changing the PRL on my nephews droid right now, and let me tell you it is a decent amount of work so far! lol

Hope it helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones