• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Manufacture Date, SW Version, and Bugs Known [tracking]

NeoZiggy

Android Enthusiast
Dec 26, 2011
San Antonio, TX
fuzzradio.cf
Hi my fellow ZMax Pro users,

I am starting this thread to list our manufacturing dates, software versions, and known bugs.

According to the box, my device was manufactured on 9-27-2016 (d/m/y). I'm on software version B08, with MetroPCS. I bought the phone a week before Christmas and never was prompted about the B12 update even though I checked for updates after buying the phone.

I do notice a multitouch issue when two-finger zooming, which can be confirmed using Yet Another MultiTouch Test (free in Play). However after a reboot I can use all 10 touches without a problem. I do not see 'Quick Charge' logo when charging with the phone off, unlike some people who said they saw it before an update.
I'm interested in other people's manufacturing dates, software versions, and bugs they have found. The manufacture date can be found on the box that came with the phone next to the serial number (see screenshot). Without this information it is not helpful to this thread unless you maybe bought the phone as soon as it came out.

Let's help each other understand where our bugs come from by tracking our manufactured dates and software versions. Perhaps return the malfunctioning phones?
IMG_20170107_111317.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine December 23rd. No longer have the box. I'm also in 08, no update available nor do I plan to update because absolutely everything works as it should. I got lucky. My ZMP is one in a million I guess. 0 bugs.

I am however interested in how yours handles a lower DPI since you said in another thread your stock lockcreen doesn't have a problem with it. Do you also not see any glitches anywhere else? I have a few glitches here and there. For instance, when I'm navigating with Google maps and I am running the navigator in the background, the heads up directions don't show properly. Wish I had a screenshot, but basically the arrow indicating what way to turn shows up too big to tell what way it's pointing so I know what street to turn next but not whether right or left. Hope that makes sense. Can you check if that's the case for you as well?

Reactions: NeoZiggy
Upvote 0
I updated to b12 so I could have native video calling couldn't be happier as well neoziggy if you're interested in b12 having video calling advanced text messaging etc let me know cause you can manually update that's how I had to do it
How does video calling work? I'm assuming the other person needs to have it to? Are all new androids coming with this feature? And what's advanced texting?

Upvote 0
I got mine December 23rd. No longer have the box. I'm also in 08, no update available nor do I plan to update because absolutely everything works as it should. I got lucky. My ZMP is one in a million I guess. 0 bugs.

I am however interested in how yours handles a lower DPI since you said in another thread your stock lockcreen doesn't have a problem with it.
I showed a screenshot of how a really small copy of my wallpaper shows in the top left of my lockscreen only when there is a notification. I haven't tried google maps directions/turn-by-turn nav... I'll try the Maps but I live just outside of a city so I don't use a car... on foot directions should work.
I know that Heads Up is messed up for us anyway. I did see it, once or twice. I use Hangouts so I can press reply and get the quick message thing to type.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones