Manufacturing Date

Last Updated:

1. quiksilver169

quiksilver169 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been having a few problems with my Droid and debating whether or not to take it back since I'm almost near the 30 day mark, most notably random restarts. My Droid was manufactured 45/09, does anyone have newer ones? I don't want to exchange it for an older manufactured one.

Advertisement
  2. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

how do you check the date?

3. quiksilver169

quiksilver169 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's below the third barcode (I believe) underneath the battery, anyway it only shows the date i.e. it'll say 39/09, 45/09, etc.

4. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

barcode on the box? if so then I have no clue since verizon switched this phone with my orginal one when my original one got messed up and they didnt give me a box for the new one.

5. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

No. Remove the battery from your phone, and you'll see it there.

6. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

is there anyway for you to see the manufacturing date besides removing the battery? many are saying its on the box...

reason im interested in it is because i started with a 49/09 that had solid voice quality but had a defect so i had to swap it, but ever since (2 phones later) i've been through a 42/09 and 44/09 that they've given me and my voice sounds distorted again (like i got a shot of novakane in the mouth). there's threads of this happening and i would like to have my 'newer' 49/09 or greater back. they have no problem swapping me with new phones but i never asked them specifically about giving me a certain manufacturer date. i just don't want to ask them and feel unreasonable because they would have to open each phones battery backing off to take a look .. thats why im wondering if theres a code or something on the box/elsewhere (people are telling me its on the side near the barcodes but i dont see a date anywhere).

anyone know? ~ thx

7. mymotoq07

mymotoq07 New Member

ok so I had to get a replacement phone and my original was 48/09 purchased Feb 2010. My replacement is 21/10 received today.
    My original was PERFECT no real issues...the charging port stretched somehow...
    Pray this was is as perfect as my original and I didn't get anyone elses problem!!!
    Thx