• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manufacturing defect or normal?

EskimoPie

Mar 22, 2010
See the picture below. On the side of the case near the volume switch, the battery cover doesn't meet smoothly with the front of the case. This leaves a lip there almost the same height as the volume switch. I find it a bit annoying especially since the opposite side is nice and smooth. Can you all tell me if this is normal on all N1's? Today is the last day of my 14 day return period and I'm wondering if I should send it back for a replacement.

Obviously this isn't a huge issue, but if it's normally a smooth edge there then I might as well get a perfect phone instead of an oddity.

n1.jpg

You guys have way to much spare time on your hands.

(Says the man on a mobile phone internet forum)

no, its what the customers want, quality, and good manufacturing. See all those videos where they promote all the attention they put into the Nexus One building. How the hell they could miss this is beyond me. iPhone doesn't have any lips or things like this, do it right for god sakes. HTC has been slacking on build quality lately.

The customers want what they pay for, in this case they paid 529 dollars plus tax. Would you buy a car with a dent in it brand new?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones