• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Many apps don't show up in Market

hitekalex

Apr 9, 2010
Chicago, USA
OK, trying to install all my apps on Evo (which I previously had installed on N1). Number of apps do not show up in the Market - for example NY Times, bTunes.. Even tried installed them via AppBrain sync - still get "there are no matches in Android Market"

Anyone else having this problem? What gives??

The apps u can't find in the market just type it in google and put .apk on the end. Handsent.apk its gonna pull up a site and download from there

Well, that only work for apps that the dev makes available for direct download. I am still unable to get NYtimes or bTunes on my Evo.

Anyone knows what it takes for Google to enable Evo to access these apps in the Market? Is there a way to report this issue to Google?

Upvote 0
Found interesting thread on Android Market Support forum: link

From NYtimes developer:

-------------
Dear XXX,

Our mobile web developer has responded with the reply below that may explain the app "missing" in the Marketplace.

If the user cannot see the application in the Android Market, it's likely
they're running a custom ROM or Android OS 2.2, both of which don't support
accessing copy-protected applications in the Market (our app is set as copy
protected)

The method to determine the OS version is:
From the Settings application, or by accessing Menu > Settings:
About phone > Android version

If the version is not 2.2 but a custom ROM (e.g., if they've "rooted" the
phone), it's unlikely that the Market will support downloading
copy-protected apps.

However if it IS 2.2, then the user must simply wait until Google approves
the OS for downloading copy-protected Market apps.

If the user is running a Stock 1.6+ up to 2.1-update1 OS, then something may
be up....

We hope this information is helpful.

-------------------

I did root my Evo. Can someone with non-rooted Evo confirm they can see/download NYtimes on the Market? I would be disappointed if rooting my Evo prevents me from getting copy-protected Market apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones