Many questions, very thankful for answers!Support

Last Updated:

1. Madam

Madam New Member This Topic's Starter

I have got an x10mini but there are things I am not sure about...

1. I am going on holiday soon so do not want to pay high data roaming charges. how do I turn off 3g so I am just using 2g? can I turn on wifi even with 3g off?

2. How much data on an SD card does one track on spotify take up on offline mode?

3. what is the best offline map app for x10 mini?

4. is there any free voice recorders for x10 mini? I keep wanting to make voice notes but don't know how.

If any of these questions could be answered I would be extremely thankful!

Advertisement
  2. MiniDroid

MiniDroid Well-Known Member

Hi,

1)
    You can turn off 3g data with the "data traffic" widget.
    If you can't see it in one of the "home" screens, just hold the home screen button and select add widget and pick it from the list. Now you juse it to turn 3g data on/off.
    Also, it put a small icon top-left on you phone, with a red X when it's off so you can easily see its status.

2)
    I've got Spotify but not tried the offline mode. Still, a normal mp3 music file would use around 1MB for each minute of music. (depending on the quality of the file).

3)
    You could try ut "mapdroid", "RMap" and "CoPilot", depending on what needs you've got (turn-by-turn? search?)
    The X10 mini has a very small screen, so I'm not sure if these or any other alternatives would fit on the screen - sorry.

4)
    Android Market should give some alternatives on this one.

3. Madam

Madam New Member This Topic's Starter

1. Genius! Thanks for that one!

2. I didnt know if they were stored in a similar style to mp3's

3.I have downloaded a few, but having some problems. Map droid workd but doesn't show water up, which is an annoyance if you are going to stockholm ha!

4. I have had a look online and in the market and I cant find a fully working free one.

Thank for the help and if you ro anyone else has any app tips or suggetions or more answers please post!

4. hksweeper

hksweeper New Member

Had you try VirtualRecorder? This is what I found from Market for recording voice.