many questions

Last Updated:

1. beckx020

beckx020 Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 30, 2010

1. what is the little spotlight when it's plugged in? A charging light? When it goes out the phone is full?
    2. I must be able to edit some large posts in a couple of forums on the net. I've been playing with trying to edit from the keyboard. It seems that I can select text with the shift and gold thingy on the side. BUT I can't see a cursor or what it's selecting. It doesn't highlight anything I can see. On an old Treo I could use a stylist and all was good. How do I do this on my Droid?
    3. Is there any way to study the whole list of apps for Droid on a regular PC? I love my droid, but it would be faster for me and not ruin my eyes using the PC.
    4. I have 5 pop3 email accounts. I seems I can add them, but only the first one has smtp. The rest of them got errors that the server doesn't support this type of access. Any help with that? I was just using the email icon that is built in on the Droid. Maybe another app would work better?
    5. I thought open office was supposed to be on the Droid. How do I get to it?

Thank you!

2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    1: Red light? Means its charging, should go to green when the charge is complete. (HTC Hero does this, droid may be similar)

3: check out this site: AndroLib, Find all applications and games available in the Android Market for your Android Phone, HTC Dream, HTC Magic etc... and this one: Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain

5: Doeds it not come with it? Search for it in the market if not
    beckx020 likes this.
  3. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
  4. mixpix

mixpix Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    2. Selecting text is a little harder on the Droid that's for sure. You have to press down and then see where it went, and adjust as needed. It's easier with the full keyboard, or you could get this stylist. Pogo Sketch
  5. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Member

May 17, 2010
    The Droid come with QuickOffice. It let's you open office documents, but I'd recommend just getting Docs To Go from the market, since it let's you edit said documents right from your phone.