• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Maps app that TRACKS/Documents your trip?

If you have Google Location Services turned on already the route of your drive is already in Google Maps app.

Open the Google Maps app
Menu > Settings > Your timeline

Pick any date you like. Google is always watching. :)

Intersting, I had never bothered to look into that..... the little tacks are too far apart to be very useful if you really want to back track.

it does, however, show the route, and the places where I parked the car today....
ie, I was home and went to see my wife at the hospital.... then went back home.

it asked me if I was
1. home
2. hospital
3. home

said yes to all 3 and it drew me a map. nice

Reactions: jadmorffier
Upvote 0
If you're looking for something a bit more in-depth check out this app...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flashlight.ultra.gps.logger

I just installed this app, and it is the Cat's Meow for a motorcyclist like me.
now I can keep a tracking log of my routes and upload them to Google Drive or other place when the trip is done and Wifi is available again.

It has a Compass Mode....

turn that on, and the map turns around showing you the world around you in perfect reference to your point of view/travel.

If you use that mode, and are on your Data Plan, get ready to spend a few $$$ real quick
ROFL.gif

I turned that off again, all I want is the tracker log and it don't need data for that.

Upvote 0
I just installed this app, and it is the Cat's Meow for a motorcyclist like me.
now I can keep a tracking log of my routes and upload them to Google Drive or other place when the trip is done and Wifi is available again.

It has a Compass Mode....

turn that on, and the map turns around showing you the world around you in perfect reference to your point of view/travel.

If you use that mode, and are on your Data Plan, get ready to spend a few $$$ real quick
ROFL.gif

I turned that off again, all I want is the tracker log and it don't need data for that.

Haha yes it's one of those apps that has too many cool features that it could very quickly break the bank and drain your battery real fast. :)

Upvote 0
a guy on my motorcycle forum recommended REVER, but that app and its' associated monthly fees is for the birds.
No thanks on that one.... if you use it like they want you to, "track your friends in Real Time", OMG, talk about burning up your data plan minutes.....

I told him I would pass on that, all I wanted is a good tracker and this app provides that in spades
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flashlight.ultra.gps.logger

Reactions: jadmorffier
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones