1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Maps brut

Last Updated:

1. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone explain to me benefits of running Brut Maps? I am basically looking for GPS navigation where no cellphone signal available. Will Brut Maps help me achieve my goal?
    I installed Brut Maps, but it seems just like the regular Google maps and it seems to require data connection (I was on the phone when I tried it first time).

I am going to Europe soon and I would like to have a mapping/gps capability there without Roming at $3/min for data connection.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. benchmark

benchmark Well-Known Member

' Navigon ' from the market place works without cellular network or data connection, if you purchase it.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Copilot is good too.

4. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys, the topic of the subject states a question about the brut maps. I know about Navigon and Copilot these are all pay for GPS programs. I love Google maps too much to use any other Navigation services and in most places I go I have no problem with 3G connection I live in California - SF Bay Area. Hence, I don't see the reason to purchas Navigation software, which I will use maybe once a year.
    My question is actually if anyone can explain what the heck this Brut Maps can do for me, if anything?

5. positivepoint

positivepoint New Member

Hi, Brut mods is the best mod based on google maps. It enables navigation feature in states/countries where google navigation is restricted. Also, it helps you in caching the maps as tiles in your SD card and retrieves it from there. hence this is a very good application.
    below is the link for the developers' page for updates
    [APPMOD][09.08.10] Brut Google Maps 4.4.0.4414-brut16 - xda-developers