1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Maps crashing my phone

1. tomf

tomf New Member

HI, my maps app updated itself last night and now it crashes a few seconds after opening it or the navigation app. I cleared the maps data, that didn't help, and I uninstalled and re-installed the update, and that didn't help. I have a Rezound with ICS, not rooted. Any help would be met with much appreciation!

Advertisement
  2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Crashing for everyone on ICS with Rezound. Temporary fix is to remove updates, otherwise we just have to wait for Google to fix it.
  3. tomf

tomf New Member

thanks!
  4. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

Titanium Backup saved me :)
  5. skunis1

skunis1 Well-Known Member

Anybody know what the prior version for Maps was?

When we upgraded to ICS we got a newer version or just that the ICS version was different.

I am asking so I can try to find the .apk online and remove all updated and install the prior version onto the phone.

thanks.
  6. acejavelin

Just use the 6.3.0 included in the ROM, it works fine, anything prior to 6.10.0 should work OK though.
  7. skunis1

Thanks. I did uninstall back to 6.3.0 but the navigation is not what I had on my Rezound after ICS. When I got ICS the Navigation was totally different. It had a "Go Home" feature that you could program your home address and the voice was a much better, less robotic voice.

I guess I can deal with this until Google corrects it. With their track record I am guessing it should be quick.
  8. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

I had v6.9 before the update today
  9. skunis1

Thanks.

Found a download of the apk for 6.9 and back in business.
  10. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Whew, I'm road tripping today and I go to make sure i have the address in maps and my phone starts rebooting. Anyone have the 6.9 apk handy?

Nevermind, 6.3 is good enough for me. WTF did they do my phone was whacked out until I yanked the battery
  11. skunis1

12. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

I flashed Neomax and Maps crashes my phone. Trying an earlier version to see if it helps
  13. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Edit: Double posted somehow. Mods, please delete if you can.
  14. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Damn, I just sent my wife out on a 6 hour trip and set her phone up for the trip by pairing it to the car (BT). As soon as she launched Nav, the phone kept rebooting. She had to get her friends standalone nav unit so they could navigate. I thought maybe it was too hard on the phone to be streaming Pandora while navigating, but it would crash (do a soft reboot back to the boot animation, not the HTC logo) as soon as I opened maps and started navigating. Then it would mess up the BT radio as it wouldn't toggle on/off and froze at "turning on", so I had to do a hard restart to get BT to work again.

It's awesome that as soon as she leaves, I come here to see if someone has posted this issue and it's the top thread! lol. I called and told her I think I can fix it for her next time she stops and I can talk her through it. So I just have to tell her to go to settings > apps > Maps > uninstall updates (just going off my memory for the settings), then she'll be good, right? She's totally stock/unrooted with the ICS update.

Thanks!
  15. acejavelin

That will work until Google fixes it, just remind her not to update if she gets a notification.
  16. MYKEL61

MYKEL61 Well-Known Member

That is what I did too. I uninstalled the update and now it works fine.. except I keep getting reminded I have an update pending.... lol
  17. zombini316

zombini316 Member

I guess I'm using Waze for the time being...
  18. obscuro

obscuro Well-Known Member

Dmark44 likes this.
  19. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Anyone else having reboot issues with the new update for maps,every time i open maps or navigation my phone restarts itself.
  20. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

Most everyone here is...there's another post about it.
  21. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

It crashes mine too. I just removed all updates and it works with the initial factory settings. I quess we have to wait till the next update and see if that fixes it.

This is getting normal now for updates. Pretty soon there will be enough updates so that the phones will not work at all.

Maybe this is a terrorist plot from apple to make us switch to iphone;).
  22. untitled1

untitled1 Well-Known Member

I'd been too busy to check on this till now and was thinking I'd have to hard reset, since I skipped that step after the ICS update. Glad to know there's an easier fix.

(and before anyone says so, yes, I know I should hard reset anyway. Just haven't had time)
  23. Robq81

Robq81 Active Member

I had the same issue (phone rebooting) and a buddy told me to clear the cache in the apps settings and it worked! Hopefully it's that easy for all of you.
  24. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

Tried clearing the cache after updating back to the newest version & started crashing phone again. So uninstalled updates again & works fine.
  25. ChrmnMa0

ChrmnMa0 New Member

WTF, this is the 2nd time I can remember a core app being updated that crashes the phone. Anybody have a link to the last version of maps? This also happens during navigation.