Maps - GPS not showing exact locationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. jusdebbie

jusdebbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my son the Droid 2 and i have the Incredible. He just got his license and part of my reason for getting him the phone was the gps. I want to know where he is. How EXACTLY (and i mean step by step) do i set that up on the Droid 2 so its more accurate? We are always showing at different locations even when we are side by side! My phone shows me in the correct place but his shows him where he was a few hours ago and sometimes just shows a few miles away even when he wasnt there! So if you guys could help me that would be great. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this will help, but have you tried calibrating the compass? I did that and my locations got better. Mine went from showing me in a town to on an actual street.

3. jusdebbie

jusdebbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do you calibrate the compass?

4. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

under settings->location & security->Calibrate Compass....it will walk you through the directions on how to perform the calibration :)

spbyelena likes this.
  5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Mine has been spot-on w/out calibration...

If it's showing his position from a few hours ago, it sounds like it isn't getting a good fix/connection.

You might try GPS Status to compare and see how that app locates him vs. Google Maps.

You might want to clear data/cache for Google Maps (Settings>Applications>Manage>All apps, tap on google maps, clear cache/data.

6. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Make sure you have all three options for Location settings checked: Network, GPS, and AGPS.

spbyelena likes this.