Maps - how to save

Last Updated:

1. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maps is very powerful and I think it's one of the best features of the Droid, but I still feel like I don't understand a lot about it.

Sometimes I'll look up directions for a place I want to go later. How do I save that location? I know I can look it up with a PC and save it in "my Maps", then possibly access that layer on my Droid. But I just want a place to save destinations that I might want to go to later.

This is one example of many things that should be easy to do, but I don't understand how to.

Advertisement
  2. mooshu47

mooshu47 Active Member

Not sure if there's a way to save maps, but if you pull up directions to a location it will be saved as a layer.

3. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This doesn't make sense to me either.

I searched for an address. It showed up in layers till I unchecked it. Now it doesn't show up in layers at all. The only way I can find it is to go into search.

However - earlier, I had accidentally searched for "21" (typo). "21" still shows up as a layer even after I uncheck it.

Makes no sense to me.

4. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

you need to down load my maps editor, it links with google maps and can be edited on the phone or the computer (and its free) i have several maps saved and you can save locations and navigate to them.