Maps -Navigation Routing

Last Updated: 2011-03-15 01:17:52
  1. vtmtnbiker01

vtmtnbiker01 Member

Is there a way to change the route that is shown using navigation? The way that is mapped out is not the way that I want to go. Anyone know how to change it?

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I usually just add an extra stop in that forces it to take me the way I want to go.
  3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

That's pretty much it. Stick in a way point or just go off the route and let it reroute. Or find another GPS nav app that gives you options.
  4. kevhow

kevhow Well-Known Member

That's the biggest fault I've found with the Navigation. I don't think there is a way to change the route it picks. It constantly wants me to get off of I-95 onto a road I know is filled with traffic lights. It might be less overall mileage, but there is no way it would be a quicker trip. I wish there was a way to choose between quickest time, shortest mileage, highways only, avoid tolls, etc..... Maybe in a newer version....
  5. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

You can get alternate routes in navigation, but you can only choose between the alternates offered, you can't make it go where you want. While navigating, press Menu / Route Info, then click the icon that looks like a square with two sides dashed. If alternate routes are available, this will present them on the map along with estimated travel time. You can then pick the route you want and continue navigating.

The thing I would like to see more than any other feature is to have it actually use the traffic information it displays when calculating the route and estimated travel times.
  6. Jimmy706

Jimmy706 Active Member

Thank you!
  7. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be sweet if in the future it allows you to choose route preferences, and changes your route based on live construction and traffic issues.....then again...it's free!! :D
  8. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

I guess I have to ask.... If you know they way why do you need NAV
  9. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

Igo MyWay allows you to pick routes based on speed, ecomomy, or scenic... try it out!
  10. dmaul3300

dmaul3300 Well-Known Member

Is there an option that will allow you to choose to use city streets (no highways).

Sometimes I might use city streets because road crews are working on highways and there is only 1 lane of traffic which slows things down or heard there was an accident.
  11. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I can't speak for others, but when I use a nav app when I already know the way, it's often to keep track of traffic, estimated arrival time, or sometimes I'm just testing it to see what it tells me and how reasonable I think it is so I can have some idea of how reasonable the routes are when I'm unfamiliar with an area.

I also will sometimes have the map follow me (without navigation), to keep an eye on traffic conditions ahead.

Does anyone know if Google uses our travel speeds as part of their traffic data. If they do, and we all used nav or had the map follow us even when we know the way, we would have great traffic data.
  12. hbstyleboy

hbstyleboy New Member

hey anyone know how to create a barrier free map routing system,cause the default google map api's routing system doesnt provide this type of service..can any1 help? thks so much..