Maps: not installed, but Market says it isSupport

Last Updated:

1. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I used SMupdater to root and install the latest Bagel ROM. It has been running fine but I decided to reflash a few times trying different options. In the midst of this I have uninstalled Maps from my phone and can't get it back. The Market thinks I have it installed, but both the "Open" and "Uninstall" buttons are grayed out. I have tried reflashing, and have tried both "yes" and "no" in response to "Are you having trouble with Maps force closing?". Maps was easily my favorite app, how do I get it back? Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Best bet - get a hold of the .apk and manually attempt to install via a file manager (I had something similar occur with an app on 2 different alternative ROMs - this always solved the case, as when I tried to install, it either saw the app was there and asked me to uninstall, or else it just installed so that you could then uninstall and then go to market and reinstall.

3. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

You should be able to uninstall it from there

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Didn't realize that this would override Market usability - thanks, vido! Learned something new....

5. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

No problem, I'm here to help :D