1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps) stoppedSupport

1. JLM

JLM Active Member

I've been trying to use Google Maps, which seems to work just fine until I attempt to use the Navigate portion within it. I then get:

'Sorry! The application Maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

Has anyone seen this recently and is there a fix? I love the system...it always worked like a charm on my Eris.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

The Navigation app is working for me. GPS and data are both enabled.

Do you have a data connection (or Wi-Fi) so it can access the map data on the Internet for a new map section to display?

Does the Maps app work (for an area that you have not previously displayed)?

When I run Navigation in Airplane mode it runs-and-runs-and-runs displaying "Getting driving directions".

... Thom
  3. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

You may want to try and update the map app.

Just a thought.
    mary mukina likes this.
  4. JLM

JLM Active Member

Well, I seem to have fixed it...or it fixed itself.

I had rooted the phone, but not forever rooted it. I know there was a system push yesterday. Once I rebooted with the forever root, I was able to update Maps and it's now working fine.
  5. andrew gamal

andrew gamal New Member

the same << 'Sorry! The application Maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'
    >> appears to me when i open MAPS ,, even my phone storage has 37.8 mb free ,, and i had my phone reboot several times ,, i can't open it
    plzzzz help me !!
    mary mukina likes this.
  6. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

go into settings applications and uninstall updates for maps and then clear it's storage. Let it update again and you should be good.
  7. Harakumar

Harakumar New Member

pl.solve this problem