Maps staying running

Last Updated:

1. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

O.K. I'm probably being thick but I thought I had the hang of apps running. I leave most running in the knowledge that Android will manage them happily or I use the back key to come-out rather than the home key. Battery use has dropped dramatically BUT I have a problem with the Maps app.

If I've run Maps, even if I back-button out of it, it stays resident AND if I check the battery usage after a while it's the major battery user (and battery life is lessened massively). The only way to stop this is to kill the task by hand (either from the settings or using Advanced Task Cleaner).

Incidentally I've also tries setting Maps to Auto-Kill in the Advanced Task Cleaner and it still leaves it running.

It's only a niggle, so long as I remember to kill it off it's all hunky-dory, but it is a bit irritating.

Any thoughts ?

Advertisement
  2. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

Weird. It doesn't do that for me. But then again I don't have any magic task killers interfering with the operation of my phone. Maybe you should try uninstalling that?

In the battery use details, what does it show for the CPU usage and data sent/received? Do these figures go up all the time?

Griff_LI likes this.
  3. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Fair point, I've unistalled the task cleaner (I wasn't really using it anyway). It was still acting weird so I've power-cycled as well.

Maps task is actually running from boot-up but, so if not run, hasn't used the battery (Android 62, Display 20, WiFi 11, Standby 7).

I ran-up maps and then backed-out of it once it'd loaded my current location - Android 55, Display 18, WiFi 11, Standby 9 Maps 7

Checked again after a couple of minutes and the Maps usage is dropping as I'd expect. Previously it would've been around 85% and either climb or stay static so it would seem that might have got it... many thanks mikebell. With a bit of luck that will give me a bit more battery life too <fingers-crossed>