1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just checked my battery usage by application, and it read as follows:

2h 43 m 46 s since unplugged - 78% left
    Maps - 90%
    Cell standby - 4%
    Android System - 3%
    Phone idle - 3%

That's not right... especially since I haven't touched the Maps app for days! Any idea of why this is happening all of a sudden? Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

geez.. is it running in the background with your gps on?

3. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

GPS isn't on, and unless the app fired itself up, it shouldn't be running. My friend who has a Hero had that yesterday, I uninstalled the update and reinstalled the last maps update again... I think I'll do the same, though I feel I shouldn't have to do that... it's all of a sudden acting up? Annoying.

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Wonder if this has anything to do with the fact the many android people (not just incredibles) are having issues with navigate and map not giving directions and disconnecting a good bit?

5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

btw, mine is saying 81% today and while I've had map and navigate open a little..not near enough to be showing that kind of usage. I just manually killed maps.

6. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I noticed being signed into 'Latitude' caused Maps to spring to the top of the 'eat my battery list'. So, I stay signed out of Latitude and Maps no longer appears on my battery list anymore.

7. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Before bed time...power off your phone and charge-it until the green LED light comes on, then power up the phone and leave it idle until you wake up, then check your active Apps and battery usage.

whenever you want to check your phone always try to level the playing field, you know if your phone is idle all night there's no way something can be accidentally turned on or use mistakenly and forgotten.

A soft reset (reboot) starts your phone clean and your phones OS will police itself as Android was intended to work turning Apps on and off as need. So if there's a problem with the OS function you may see overnight as the phone is left to itself to work.

I do this periodically to check my phone, when i awake my battery (1800) is now at 96-97% after approx 8 hours of idle. I do have back-up syncing and google account syncing set to auto.

8. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

I noticed that over the last couple of days too, if I use maps in the morning it's usually still alive half way through the day in my system tray list. I have to manually kill it now which is weird. I still only get about 10% battery usage from it at most, but it's a PITA, I know maps will kill battery if left on, so i should kill itself when you stop naving.

9. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I use system panel to kill Apps manually like Maps, GPS, anything that i fell is a battery killer, but for other Apps like handcent, email, and stuff i just let the Android OS run it course.

10. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

System Panel is what I was using too. Thanks.

still a PITA :D