• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

March 6th - get in line for your Atrix

Upvote 0
You're right, it actually has a slightly bigger screen, plus LTE. 512MB of RAM is still plenty. I will be very surprised if there's any noticeable difference in performance between the two. People are just being spec whores on that number. I'm on AT&T and I'd actually prefer the Bionic for slightly bigger screen and LTE.

Yea but LTE isn't even widespread. Although the bigger screen is a plus

Upvote 0
The software on the ATRIX was already in final trim at CES.
The HTC Inspire wasn't even allowed to be powered on because the software wasn't ready.

So, that leads any normal, logical being to deduce that the ATRIX will come first and much sooner than the Inspire.

HTC reps at CES didn't turn on the HTC Inspire not because "the software wasn't ready" as you are completely fabricating. In fact, Android IS ready to go on the HTC Inspire (aka, Desire HD, EVO, Thunderbolt, or any other variant).

Upvote 0
HTC reps at CES didn't turn on the HTC Inspire not because "the software wasn't ready" as you are completely fabricating. In fact, Android IS ready to go on the HTC Inspire (aka, Desire HD, EVO, Thunderbolt, or any other variant).

Um he's not stating that. every single hands on from multiple media outlets stated that HTC said software was NOT finalized. Why do you run your mouth when there is evidence to the contrary

Upvote 0
Actually the preliminary Quadrant scores show that the ATRIX has a significant performance edge over the BIONIC.

ATRIX Quadrant Score: 2616
BIONIC Quadrant Score: 2284

The HTC Thunderbolt (for comparison): 1926

Source: Motorola ATRIX 4G and Motorola DROID BIONIC scorch the Android benchmarks - Phone Arena

I prefer the slightly smaller screen for the increased pixel density.

Benchmarks are good for one thing: telling you how good the phone does in the benchmark ;) . In reality, you have no guarantee any real world usage scenario will reflect the conditions the bench creates. Second, how is that a 1 Ghz single core A8 SoC is only 15% worse than a 1 GHz dual core A9 SoC? That should show you the benchmark isn't a perfect indicator of real world performance. I suppose it's possible the atrix also has faster RAM which would help.

Yea but LTE isn't even widespread. Although the bigger screen is a plus
neither is AT&T's '4G'. Depends if you're in their market in both cases.

Upvote 0
There is a reason AT&T is dropping the Sony Experia from it's lineup on March 6th. Making room for the Atrix. Mark my words.

March 6.
A device does not necessarily launch on the day that another gets phased out. In fact to the contrary the new devices launches much earlier than the one being phased out.

A recent example is the BB9700 which was phased out well over 2 months after the 9800 was launched.

Upvote 0
Everybody, please keep it civil in here.

MODS: please just close this thread, I don't know if this guy is a troll or not, but this is just stupid and devalues the quality of the forums.

I cleaned the thread for now, but to be honest he may be right and I don't see how this really devalues the quality of the forums. You don't have to take this guy's words for granted, but he might still be right and he can share his opinion if he wants to.

Upvote 0
Everybody, please keep it civil in here.

I cleaned the thread for now, but to be honest he may be right and I don't see how this really devalues the quality of the forums. You don't have to take this guy's words for granted, but he might still be right and he can share his opinion if he wants to.

I agree he has the right but when other people post opinions we also have that right. We also asked for some kind of evidence to the contrary of what we are seeing. When there are multiple people all seeing the same thing then he comes in with this. We would like to know how he cane upon this instead of just saying cuz I know so

Upvote 0
I agree he has the right but when other people post opinions we also have that right. We also asked for some kind of evidence to the contrary of what we are seeing. When there are multiple people all seeing the same thing then he comes in with this. We would like to know how he cane upon this instead of just saying cuz I know so

And I agree with you. However, members should watch how they express their opinions, that's where the problem usually is.

All we want is a friendly place for everybody. ;)

Upvote 0
I have inside info. Bookmark this page. Come back here on March 6. Do you even know what Q1 2011 means? Probably not. I will enlighten you. Q1 stands for 1st quarter.

AT&T said this phone will come out in the 1st quarter. AT&T also said that this phone will come out in a few weeks. How many weeks till Mar 6? About 7or8. Do the math. Is this still within the Q1? Yes.

There will be about a 1 month difference between release dates between HTC Inspire and Motorola Atrix, both released by AT&T.

I don't even think you even know when Q1 is honestly...

My information is accurate to within 1 week. However, there is NO way in hell that you are correct with your hopeful thinking. Just because you want the Atrix to come out this month, does not make it so. Absolutely no way it will be out in January. No way. February? No way. Not. Nope. Never. I don't think so. March. Yes.

Do the math. Look up this thread in 7-8 weeks, and eat your words.

First, that's just rude. Second, your argument is not convincing at all because you sound like a pissed off six grader and that just makes me laugh.

Somebody here doesn't know how to count. Check back in 7-8 weeks.

Yeah go count because you didn't count right either...

Bell Canada?! Ha. You are so far off with your so called "estimate", that it is actually ROFL funny. And now, you are even claiming that Bell Canada is getting it "feb/march". Yep, "march". So, you can't say "march" without supporting my assertion that this thing is coming out in March. So, your trying to argue against me, but you can't. Now, that IS ROFL funny!

So now it is an assertion? I thought you were claiming it as fact?

Well you can't accurately say it wasn't turned on because the "software wasn't ready" but again, they didn't turn it on. Know what software might not be ready? AT&T's and that isn't on the other Desire HD line.

Upvote 0
I guarantee you that this device will not come out before 1st week of March.

AT&T in conjunction with Motorola will run some huge TV advertisements during the Superbowl this year, much like how Verizon ran their Droid does ads way back when. You will see about a one month advertising period after the Superbowl, and the same ads run on TV. The phone will then be released. Putting it at the first week of March. Perhaps, a little later. Don't hold your breath hoping against all hope that this device is coming out this month, or even February.

Mark my words.

Upvote 0
Evidence FOR an earlier release:

1. The latest Flash update in the Android market advises against upgrading if you own a Tegra 2 device and it NAMES the Motorola ATRIX. The last part said, "A fix will be released soon for those devices".

2. Motorola AND AT&T both said "In the coming weeks", not "In the coming months" when referring to the Motorola ATRIX.

3. They are ALREADY running Motorola ATRIX commercials on TV.

Upvote 0
I guarantee you that this device will not come out before 1st week of March.

AT&T in conjunction with Motorola will run some huge TV advertisements during the Superbowl this year, much like how Verizon ran their Droid does ads way back when. You will see about a one month advertising period after the Superbowl, and the same ads run on TV. The phone will then be released. Putting it at the first week of March. Perhaps, a little later. Don't hold your breath hoping against all hope that this device is coming out this month, or even February.

Mark my words.

Dude I'd love to believe you if you could give me a reason to. Earn my trust and VALIDATE your credibility. I simply can't believe some random person on a forum without facts that I can VERIFY with my eyes. If you can't tell me who your sources are then please give me some "inside FACTS" that are either verifiable or plausible. Thanks

Upvote 0
Dude I'd love to believe you if you could give me a reason to. Earn my trust and VALIDATE your credibility. I simply can't believe some random person on a forum without facts that I can VERIFY with my eyes. If you can't tell me who your sources are then please give me some "inside FACTS" that are either verifiable or plausible. Thanks

Verify for yourself. Halftime. Superbowl. ATT&T/Moto commercials featuring the Atrix. 1 month repeat of ads following said Superbowl. March release. End of story. All fake rumors about some dude and a Best Buy friend on this forum are patently false.

I DO have inside info. Some other guy got his panties in a wad and cried about how it wasn't fair that the Atrix was gonna take that long, befriended a bunch of people, and then tried to slander me in an effort to support his own wishes.

March. Not January. Not February. AT&T would've had a presser to announce a release date if it was that soon. Mark my words. Halftime. Superbowl. Release date announcement. month long ad campaign. Release in March.

Upvote 0
Verify for yourself. Halftime. Superbowl. ATT&T/Moto commercials featuring the Atrix. 1 month repeat of ads following said Superbowl. March release. End of story. All fake rumors about some dude and a Best Buy friend on this forum are patently false.

I DO have inside info. Some other guy got his panties in a wad and cried about how it wasn't fair that the Atrix was gonna take that long, befriended a bunch of people, and then tried to slander me in an effort to support his own wishes.

March. Not January. Not February. AT&T would've had a presser to announce a release date if it was that soon. Mark my words. Halftime. Superbowl. Release date announcement. month long ad campaign. Release in March.

Listen man no one is SLANDERING you my friend is a manager of the best buy and through the years hes usually been right with the phone release dates so I decided to share. Everyone on this bored just asked you a million times to give some kind of verifiable evidence instead of saying "my sources". Also I wasnt the only one with some kind of info towards a january, early feb date so don't just attack me. We are all posting what we have either seen on the internet or have been told by our friends. Theres another guy who says his brother is an att store manager and they have been told Feb 13th hes just relaying info as well no one is trying to slander anyone, but when people on forums say things in vague terms like you did until this Superbowl reference people just disbelieve post like that.

Upvote 0

Oh I have no doubt that AT&T will be throwing down on the Superbowl ads, that makes perfect sense and isn't any sort of revelation. The fact that they've already started running ads during football games makes this nugget completely obvious. I'm still not biting on your claims though, you give me no reason to believe you and it is counterintuitive to a fair amount of other circumstantial evidence. I'm not saying it isn't possible that you're right, (even a broken clock is right twice a day) I'm just saying that you give me no reason to think you are.

Pro tip: If you act like a know-it-all and have nothing to back it up, you aren't going to build any credibility. Oh, and it doesn't make you any friends either. If you don't care about any of that, go troll somewhere else.

Upvote 0
Oh I have no doubt that AT&T will be throwing down on the Superbowl ads, that makes perfect sense and isn't any sort of revelation. The fact that they've already started running ads during football games makes this nugget completely obvious. I'm still not biting on your claims though, you give me no reason to believe you and it is counterintuitive to a fair amount of other circumstantial evidence. I'm not saying it isn't possible that you're right, (even a broken clock is right twice a day) I'm just saying that you give me no reason to think you are.

Pro tip: If you act like a know-it-all and have nothing to back it up, you aren't going to build any credibility. Oh, and it doesn't make you any friends either. If you don't care about any of that, go troll somewhere else.

Thanks for pointing that out. He seems to think that were all out to get him

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones