mark all messages read?

Last Updated:

1. h9211092

h9211092 Member This Topic's Starter

I switched from WM6.1 to HTC Hero. In Android, I am unable to mark all messages as read. Now I have more than 99 unread messages. Do I have to go through every single email to make it unread? Can I mark all messages as read instantly? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It depends on the mail client. Are you using Google Mail, the HTC Mail app, or a third-party client?

3. h9211092

h9211092 Member This Topic's Starter

I am using the default mail reader that came with HTC Hero. Are there any other readers that have the "mark all messages" feature? Thanks.

4. cyearns

cyearns Active Member

Same issue here, using the stock HTC Hero mail app to check my work email (exchange) and the emails in my inbox are marked as read, but when I check on the phone they aren't always in sync in terms of their read status. Only current way I know is to open up and close each message.

Any fix or better email app that can sync in the same fashion as MS Active Sync?

Thanks!

5. cyearns

cyearns Active Member

I know why my messages were not showing in sync in terms of their read/unread status. If you log into OWA it only shows 20 or 30 messages by default, if they are unread by the time you get 20 or 30 more messages the active sync won't change their status because it doesn't see it.

At least that's my theory. If I stay kept up to date on my e-mails then the unread message count is correct. But if I am out of the office that day, that's what' messes it up.