Market 2.12 issue updating apps on SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This morning I went into market and saw that 4 apps needed updating, 2 of the apps were on my SD card.

The 2 apps not on SD updated fine but the 2 on SD card forced Marketplace to FC. When I went back into Market the apps were in the process of updating and seemed to update and run.

However after rebooting the phone the apps were no longer installed.

It was at this point that I noticed Market had been upgraded to 2.12.

I tried installing the apps again, which succeeded but when I tried moving them to SD card it failed. I had to uninstall/reinstall the apps again and I was then allowed to copy them to the SD card.

I have now done a clear data and clear cache on market to see if that helps.

All my other apps are fine both on and off the SD card and I used to be able to update them on SD card with no problems.

Until I get another update for an app on SD I cannot be sure the problem is resolved but it does appear that 2.12 managed to break something.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Advertisement
  2. Jhaeh

Jhaeh Well-Known Member

Similar issues here. I am unrooted but have forced my apps to install to SD with a guide on here somewhere. Recently though, apps have been randomly uninstalling and now as of yesterday, anything I download from the market fails to install. Really annoying me now, any help would be massively appreciated.

3. solarfusion

solarfusion Member

I noticed my market app updated yesterday to 2.12 with some other apps. Ever since no other updates will install whether the app is on sd or not. Tried uninstalling update to market app and clearing its cache but keeps updating itself again.

4. Jhaeh

Jhaeh Well-Known Member

Kinda glad it's not just me. I guess we have to wait for Google to sort their stuff out then. Unless any of you clever bods can come up with a solution?

5. Jhaeh

Jhaeh Well-Known Member

This is really annoying me now. People keep telling me to delete the market's cache and/or uninstall the updates but by the time I restart the market, I'm back on 2.12 again. There's apps that I need that have uninstalled on their own and I can't get them back.

Anyone got any ideas if there's anything else worth trying?

Is this a market problem or do you think forcing my apps to SD card was the issue? I used a guide I found on here to do the forcing.

6. ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX Well-Known Member

Does seem to be an issue with updates on sd card, just moved mine to phone and have updated no problems, having not updated before

7. smithbradoid

smithbradoid Member

Hi i too have had problems with the Market update on both of my HTC Desires running stock 2.2 froyo and identical apps. The problem updating apps installed on sd card is could not the open app after update when using original screen icon short cut or icon in app menu. Had to go to application manager and open the app from there then create new home screen shortcut and that and menu icon worked.

Also a issue is i am not getting the notification bar prompt all the time that Market app updates are available when if i check Market manually i find them waiting .

And also on both Desires have had Market force close during update only to find when i go back to market the app update is downloading and installing, and both times the updated app seems to work ok.

And all of this has started around the time that the Market update 2.12 was released as i only found today from a website, the date being around the 18th to 20th of November 2010.

I hope this issue will be resolved soon as i understand there are some pretty amazing changes coming soon to Android Market being-
    PC Online Android Market Store
    Music streaming from your PC
    PC Online purchase and download Market apps to phone Over The Air

It all looks good for Android users and i suppose there is always a few hiccups and bugs along the way.

Happy Android user except for the occasional bug or 2.:):):):)

8. ukracer

ukracer Member

Intersting. I can get access to Market but cant install astro file manager through it!

I am also trying to install team viewer that is not on market but that fails as well.

Both say install unsuccessful.

I have removed several apps to see if its a space issue .

Now I have tried a few other apps but it seems NOTHING can be installed now.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Running on HTC desire 2.2 and market is now 2.12 sadly.