1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Market 2.12 problems

Last Updated:

1. Jhaeh

Jhaeh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else experiencing problems? I'm on a HTC Desire running 2.2 stock Froyo. The only modification I've made is to manually force apps to the SD card. Since Market 2.12 was released I can download but not install anything. I can't update either, it'll download but then immediately bring up an Installation Failed notification.

I have been advised to clear the Market cache and to uninstall the new update but by the time I reload the Market after uninstalling the update, I'm back on 2.12 as it updates automatically.

Has anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Any idea if there's a fix or do I have to wait for Google to sort it out?

Is there anywhere I can report this to Google?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. smithbradoid

smithbradoid Member

Hi i have a HTC Desire running stock 2.2 and have found for the last week or so apps have not been showing as ( updates available) automatically in the notification bar when i start the phone up each day.
    If i manually check android market i find apps waiting to update. So i find today that the Market 2.1.2 update was done around the time this problem started.
    I have 2 HTC Desires with exactly the same apps installed on both and did find one day one phone showed updates were available and the other did not.
    Also when updating once on both phones i have found that android market wants to force close and that when i open it again it is downloading and installing the app, the app works ok after this.
    And i found a app installed on the sd card when updated would no longer work from the shortcut on home screen or the app menu or list and said it did not exist. Open application manager and open the app from there and then it did work, add a new shortcut icon on home screen and that worked and app menu icon worked as well.
    I am pretty sure these problems have come from the Android Market update because i had no problems before then and no new apps installed to create problems, and look forward to the issue being resolved soon.
    I do not think we are the only ones with these problems i think it is a big issue and i am sure it will be fixed with a update to Android Market.
    Happy Android user except for bugs like this.:):):):)