Market access on McDonald's wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. Smileyguy3000

Smileyguy3000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for cross posting but another thread didn't really answer my question.

With McDonal'ds free wifi, you need to tick an agreement box and click "Log in" so theoretically "authenticating" for internet access.

Does this stop access to the market because you can't tick that box if trying to access the web via the market?

Will the market work on my own wifi access at home, with 3G and all that switched off. I assume that switching off "mobile data" but allowing wifi still allows internet access.

Advertisement
  2. informale

informale Well-Known Member

If you first open the Browser and try to access any page (google.com? ;) ), will be redirected to the authorisation page, the network will authorise you, and you should be able to access the Market.

3. Smileyguy3000

Smileyguy3000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeh it seemed to be accessing the market, but the progress bar just seemed to be showing no progress. Was showing activity within (some flashing/diagonal lines moving) but no actual progress. I must admit I didn't let it sit for more than 5 minutes, but I was getting faster progress with 3g. I should have mentioned this first!

4. theredkrawler

theredkrawler Active Member

You can definately access the Market on McDonald's Australia wifi, as I just did so not more than half an hour ago... However as mentioned, you need to jump into a browser (but NOT Opera Mini due to its own proxy setup) and try to load a website which will give you the tickbox/login screen and thus allow your device internet access first.

5. inFECT

inFECT Well-Known Member

No Problems for me on Burger King Wifi ;-)

*scnr*

6. angeamon

angeamon Well-Known Member

happens to me too . . ve to usually login to our corporate network via builtin browser, then can access net . .