1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Market App Gone MissingSupport

1. otth2oskier

otth2oskier New Member

Recently my Android Market application has disappeared from my Nexus S. I have looked under Applications/All and don't see it. Market Updater is still there and apps still update, but, I can't install new apps.

Any way to re-install?

Advertisement
    :
  2. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

Look for 'Play Store'.
    otth2oskier likes this.
  3. Shengxin

Shengxin Well-Known Member

otth2oskier likes this.
  4. otth2oskier

otth2oskier New Member

Now why would they rename a basic app :( Thanks to all who replied so quickly.
  5. Debi K

Debi K New Member

Same thing happened to me when i updated to Ice Cream Sandwich. The Google Play app doesn't appear in alphabetical order with the rest of your apps anymore, the name "Google Play" does not appear on my phone. I found the new Google Play app in the following location: On your apps page; look at horizontal menu at top of screen where it says, "APPS WIDGETS &a little suitcase icon" That last icon, which has no name, is Google Play (formerly Android Market).
  6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Lucky YOU guys: my Darling Bride's OG Droid still has the OLD original Market on it! It has never updated itself! :eek:

Anyone here know if there is a way to force it to update?
  7. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Try going in to settings/applications/manage my applications/all. Find market. Clear cache and data. Ignore the warning, as since this is an internet based app, all data will reinstall when app us restarted.

Once cleared, I always like to restart phone. Then restart market. Should notify you of the update.
    The_Chief likes this.
  8. The_Chief

Thank, Sherri. Will do (once she gives the go-ahead). There is NO cache at all, 0.00kb. Data is only about 42kb. Probably just login information.
  9. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

You could always get the apk for it....
  10. The_Chief

I have yet to find the .apk for Play. Any ideas where to find one I can trust?
  11. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

12. dmackamacka

dmackamacka New Member

Hi. The market app was on the front screen of my samsung galaxy mini 2 and I wanted to remove it from here (only). I mistakenly dragged it to the delete bin thinking it would only remove it from the front screen...but its now gone from my phone. Can anyone help with this? Do I need to restore the phone factory settings or can it be downloaded?

Thanks
  13. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

Dragging an icon from your home screen to the trash doesn't uninstall an app. You can only drag from the app drawer to uninstall - and it asks you if you are sure. I'm guessing its still installed on your device and you just aren't seeing it.... as posted above (back in March) Google changed the name from 'Market' to "play store". Look for that in your app drawer.