Market App is goneSupport

Last Updated:

1. cogs50wow

cogs50wow Member This Topic's Starter

So today I woke up and my phone was really acting up...i have an alarm set and i hit snooze, but then it kept saying "snoozing phone for 5 minutes" or something along those lines, consistently, which meant it kept snoozing my alarm when it would try to go off every five minutes. of course i overslept because of this, but that's not the point. it also really slowed everything down, because it kept trying to snooze. when i realized this i shut my phone off and turned it back on, which fixed that problem, but then the clock/weather widget i have from beautiful widgets stopped updating, ie it was stuck at 11:12 when it was really 11:50 or whatever. i trashed the widget to see if making another one would fix that, but when i tried to re-add the widget it kept saying "beautiful widgets process has stopped unexpectedly". then the option to add beautiful widgets just disappeared. so i went to go to the market to see if i could re-download it, but then got this message: "The application com.android.vending (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Now the Market app itself doesn't even exist in my app list. everything else seems to be working fine, so i'm not sure exactly what is going on.

i'm using launcherpro if that makes any difference, and my phone is still not rooted. i read somewhere i might have to do a factory reset, and if that's true i'll probably just root it at that point. if anyone has any help that would be great, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. cogs50wow

cogs50wow Member This Topic's Starter

so i fixed it, here's what i did in case anyone else ever has this problem...what i had to do was go into manage applications under settings, find com.android.vending, and then go into it and select "uninstall updates". when i refreshed everything and went back into my app list, it was back and all was right with the world again. except a laggy phone but whatever i have dealt with it and can continue to deal with it.