• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market app not opening

k140db

May 12, 2011
Ive had an issue the past week and am tired of ignoring it. When i click on the market app the screen turns white for 1 sec then goes back to my home screen. Its like the app wants to open but it doesnt. Ive even tried to go into settings>apps>manage apps>all>market. When i open it up to force stop or clear data etc, all 6 white blocks are all gray. I cant force stop, cancel, clear data, move to SD card, clear cache or clear defaults. Not that i would do all of them, I just dont have the option to.

Ive tried the restart option on the power options screen when i hold down the power button. Phone restarts and still the same problem. I have found any other app that has issues, just the market app. Im am running a NON ROOTED phone with the current update. Any ideas so I dont have to do a factory reset which is a pain in the arse.

Thanks,
Kevin

Ive had an issue the past week and am tired of ignoring it. When i click on the market app the screen turns white for 1 sec then goes back to my home screen. Its like the app wants to open but it doesnt. Ive even tried to go into settings>apps>manage apps>all>market. When i open it up to force stop or clear data etc, all 6 white blocks are all gray. I cant force stop, cancel, clear data, move to SD card, clear cache or clear defaults. Not that i would do all of them, I just dont have the option to.

Ive tried the restart option on the power options screen when i hold down the power button. Phone restarts and still the same problem. I have found any other app that has issues, just the market app. Im am running a NON ROOTED phone with the current update. Any ideas so I dont have to do a factory reset which is a pain in the arse.

Thanks,
Kevin

try and power off (make sure that fastboot is unchecked, settings/app/uncheck fastboot) wait 30 sec and reboot. see if that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones