Market app problem after froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. madmonk

madmonk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Updated last night, noticed today that when try to open Market it says "an error has occurred please try later", under title Terms and Service. I've now got a phone, the point of which is to use to download apps that can't download apps!

The desire is not rooted. The phone is locked to Orange.

I've done hard reset, though only left battery out about a minute. no joy.
    will do factory reset in day or two if problem not resolved.

I've got a feeling it might be due to the Start-up cleaner, which now won't open properly. I turned off the market update on start up. I think.

Any thoughts?
    cheers, Mike

Advertisement
  2. madmonk

Hard reset not worked. now realised that 3g watchdog totally crashed and giving completely wrong settings. says I've used 0mb, and effectively reset itself from today.
    and I can't access any apps from inside "Manage Applications" - it just won't open them.
    hmmm.

3. madmonk

I realise now, nothing to do with startup cleaners I didn't turn off market update. Quite ridiculous that this update that we've been looking forward to, should cause such significant problems. just hoping there's an easy fix though from googling the issue it looks like people on other networks been having the problem for months.

4. madmonk

Sorry to be a nuisance but I've just solved this. For anyone else who gets the problem you have to INITIALLY enable auto syncing for whatever reason in order to accept terms and conditions etc.
    Hmmm